The Portland saga

DeeOne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I thought I hated that whistle when they beat Grundy some years ago, but it is something else about Portland that bothers me. I have never seen such a rude atmosphere with the exception of Howard High.

We were treated much better at the creekbank last year. I wish for the day that Portland and Grundy are matched up on the mountain. Win or lose it would be one for the books.

Congrats Jacket fans.

The horn will always be there. TC thought they could get rid of it, but :D we had another one, :D . Remember, State Runner-up 1994, Semi-finals 1995, State Runner-up 1999, State Champs (15-0) 2000 with a convincing 43-0 win over Covington. The horn was there then, and it will be there when we return to the State Championship. Maybe not this season, but we will return. :D

The horn will always be there. TC thought they could get rid of it, but  :D  we had another one,  :P . Remember, State Runner-up 1994, Semi-finals 1995, State Runner-up 1999, State Champs (15-0) 2000 with a convincing 43-0 win over Covington. The horn was there then, and it will be there when we return to the State Championship. Maybe not this season, but we will return. B)

:o I think Portland needs to worry about getting some sportmanship on there team , it was the worst I have every seen a team act--bad losers never makes winners---

It obviuosly didn't matter WHO did it, there was a back-up. :rolleyes: And the train rolls on.......be careful TC, we just might meet again. It would be on the creekbank, I know, but you can be beaten there. It HAS been proven. :blink:

hey PPride were is the sportsmanship thats what Portland needs to fine--even if ya beat us(will not happen)I can promise you we would still have sportsmanship We are a team with class. ;)

Kids get mad and frustrated at many things. That goes both ways. Unfortunately, someone gets caught occasionally. I'm sure your boys aren't ALWAYS innocent. I hope we do meet again on the creekbank, but Smith County may have something to say about that.

I wish P....but remember...we were picked 5th in the region preseason.

Fan(who wants the horn....how much Trousdale??)