What did everyone think of the CC- Tullahoma game

BigRed62

I am a Coffee County alumn. Graduated in 1998.

I think it was alot closer than I expected. I believed that Coffee County would've won, and alot of it had to do with the coaching that Coffee now has. Plus, Tullahoma is young this year.

However, it was close because of the streak that Tullahoma wanted to keep alive and because Tullahoma played with the intensity that this game could possibly make or break their season--the hated inner-county rival.

Tullahoma did a good job of containing Coffee County's rushing game, but coming out of the gate after the first half, the Cats' intensity dropped and Coffee County continued to fight hard. This is something I'm sure John Olive stresses. You have to play four quarters in order to win. Anything less and your opponent may have just enough time to beat you.

Coffee County's junior runningback, Jake Nunley, still impressed. He had another 100-yard night against Tullahoma. It was also unbelievable to hear that Adam Clark was playing in the game for Coffee County. That right there was just poetic!

Spence did a good job throwing the ball in order to move the 'Cat offense, however, Tullahoma's success rushing the ball was about where Coffee County's was--limited.

Rivalry games are usually always close. I think Tullahoma does have a shot at redeeming themselves this season especially if they play with the intensity that they did against Coffee County. Those 0-10 predictions are just unrealistic.

However, tough games are on thre rise. Hillsboro will be the toughest opponent Tullahoma faces this season--they completely thrashed Franklin County. Some other tough ones coming up are Nashville-John Overton, Columbia, and Nashville-Hillwood.

Tullahoma may be 0-4 on the season, but they are only 0-2 in the region. If T-Town wins the rest except for Hillsboro then the Cats would have 4 region victories and five wins on the season. The Cats can still make the playoffs. They just have to bite down hard these next six weeks.

BTW, on a note completely unrelated to this game, it was nice to see former Tullahoma kicker, Paul Wheeler, boot some big ones against Clemson this past Saturday. You should've heard some of those Tiger fans. I think they were awe-struck by how far that ball went.

JoeMontanaIsMyHero57 said:

Mike is my brother's name... he didnt paly all that much his senior year... we battled for the same postion. I so cant figure out who you are, If I wasnt at school I'd go look you up in an annual... but oh well

Jake. Your name is Jake. Isn't it? I'm pretty smart like that. Yes, your brother was a really nice guy. He dated one of my good friends from Franklin County for a little while too.

You two were pretty active in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes as well.

I won't blow your cover by revealing your last name.

I'm just good at putting pieces together. The younger brother of John Luke who graduated with your brother and myself is probably also still trying to figure out who I am. Now, I know I met JL's brother at the YMCA where he told me he was going to go to either Austin Peay or Tennessee-Martin, only I thought he was going to play football for UTM.

I think it's cool that Manchester has two guys playing Division 1-AA ball at Austin Peay right now--Trey Willis and Dustin Fleenor.

I think it's also cool that there are so many Coffee County alumni who are as young as you and I are that are still involved in CHS football.

This was the first year in a line of three straight years that I could not afford to buy season tickets due to the fact that my job (at the time) was requiring me to work on the second shift.

However, I will be at the Cumberland County game, if you or FootballFanatic comes to the game, you'll have to say stop by and say hello!

:usa: