Scott at Kingston

WhS

B)...THE HIGLANDERS WON BIG...BY HALFTIME THE SCORE WAS 27-7 AND THE FINAL WAS 40-20. SCOTT HAD 200 YARDS BY HALF AND FINISHED WITH 400 PLUS. THIS WAS NO FLUKE...KINGSTON WAS LOOKIN FOR A WAR AND THEY GOT THEIR WAR...SCOTT CRUSHED EM....THE HIGHLANDER DEFENSE SACKED THE QB SEVERAL TIMES, RECOVERED 3 FUMBLES, AND INTERCEPTED 3 OR 4 PASSES:P...QB JORDAN JEFFERS RUSHED FOR 2 TOUCHDOWNS WHILE TIMMY HEMBREE HAD ONE OR TWO AND WESLEY SMITH HAD ONE! THE DEFENSE MADE SEVERAL GOAL LINE STANDS AND INTERCEPTED THE BALL ON THE ONE ON ONE SERIES AND RETURNED IT TO ABOUT THE 50 AND THEN LATER WENT ON THE SCORE!!

"THE HILLBILLY CAPITAL" DEF. THE KINGSTON "SWEAT BEES"B)

!!!40-20!!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*It will go fast and be gone. I left Scott Co. last year with some respect for their gutsy effort against my jackets. I think they went winless or maybe beat a nobody. A buddy I work with whose son is a starter on defense, says they look about the same as last year. He seems to believe they will play hard early , but when a couple breaks go against them, he said they tend to fold. According to him they want to jump on 'em early and take out some left-over business from Rockwood. I really believe that loss will help us in the long run. This is our year. Everbody talks about AC, AE, etc. Well keep in mind what we did to Gibbs a couple weeks ago and this region "foe" will be no different. If Lenoir City pounded Scott I can't help but believe Vick's boys will be done by halftime. Kingston 45 Scott 14

It's only the beginning! Get 'em Jackets! *

MAYBE NEXT TIME JACKETS..OR AGAINST A "NOBODY"

IF I RECALL SEXTON'S BOYS HAD IT DONE BY HALFTIME IT WAS 27-7 WASN'T IT?

WELL ALL I KNO IS IT WAS 40-20....!GET EM SCOTT!

:D What the heck happened? This was the worst and I mean the worst I have seen the jackets play. I was assured there would be no headache from Rockwood. Oh well the best laid plans of both mice and men oft go astray. There must have been 200 yards in penalties and a dozen turnovers. Things have got to improve at the ole' steam plant. There was no Kingston swagger last night, boys we have got to get our confidence back. The season is young and this region is far, far, far from being decided. Congratulations Scott. You guys flat lined up and played our game. Your Offensive line pushed us around, your backs broke takles, and I think that little qb is still running around out there. Your defense hit us in the nose every play, and down on the goaline it was you guys getting the push and creatin' the pile. I always give credit to whom it is due and ya'll were the better team, tonight.

It's a long season, and although ya'll won the battle, it will be interesting to see who wins the war. Jackets forever and a day, Go Blue!

1st let me congradulate scott co. on a very well executed game plan. we couldn't stop jeffers. period! scott took advantage of our biggest weakness on the defensive side of the ball, our middle linebackers. i said before the rockwood game that this was our main weakness on the defensive side of the ball and it showed in that game, as well as this one. would have thought that some adjustments would have been made after watching game film of the rockwood game, but apparently known were. don't get me wrong, our linebackers didn't lose the game for us, they just aren't getting the job done. if you are going to stop jeffers, you better be able to stop the "qb option" that he runs to near perfection.

offensively, kingston looked like they were on their heels all night. part of this i blame on vic. he is too predictable with his play calling. i've been told that his playbook is, at least, 250 plays, and he use's about 15 of them game after game. there is no "element of surprise". when we do drop back to pass, guess who we are going to throw it to, whether he's open or not? wade. excellent athlete, but it's not hard to defend one receiver.

vic is too hard headed or stubborn to see that he has a different group of athletes on this team and needs to change somethings to put kingston football back where it belongs. sorry vic, i'm afraid that the game has past you by. is vic too old and set in his ways to change? probably. unless he does something quick, the post season will be spent licking wounds and watching tapes to try to figure out what went wrong. someone stop the bleeding, please!!