Walker Valley at Grundy

DelTavian

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the Chattanooga paper the other day Walker Valley already has 1100+ students, that's a 4A level enrollment, but they were under the 3A limit when the regions were set (950 listed on the TSSAA site, 7 students under the 957 limit)..not saying that's why they won but it should be an advantage to them in every region game. If that number is right, they're bigger than East Ridge, Hixson and Brainerd, close to the same size as Central, and not too much smaller than Cleveland.

Edited by Indian

I didn't hear anybody complaining the last two years when everybody was kicking us all over the place. The majority of increase is in the freshman and sophomore classes. If you will dig a little deeper you will find we are still a relatively young team. I believe you had 13 seniors to our 5 maybe 6.

That's somebody from Sequatchie County raising the issue of enrollment...not Grundy.

I don't think there's anybody in Grundy that thinks you didn't deserve to win and enrollment has nothing to do with anything.

Congratulations again.

Del.

The heck with their enrollment little ol 1a Boyd beat them, and it wasn't even close. So that shouldn't be an argument. Face it Grundy backed down from playing Boyd and I quess we know now why. They aren't very good.

I say little ole Boyd will put a lickin on everybody else they play. They are a very well coached team.

I say little ole Boyd will put a lickin on everybody else they play. They are a very well coached team.

I agree with what you say , with the exception of South Pittsburg. They are real, and I see them giving you (Boyd) a mouth full. Take my word south pitt over Boyd by 14.

Walker Valley deserved the win at Grundy. I think they are much improved, but Grundy didn't play at the level they are capable of. I am not taking anything away from Walker but Grundy has enough talent to go the distance. Without Joey they are hurting but this team will find a way to win. It will be an odd season for Grundy but they will overcome.

Say it like you see it!!!