RUNNERBOY

TrackandCross

1) A bumbi is a cross between a butterfly and a bee. They are very dangerous, because they look like butterflies, but they really sting you. :D

2) BUMBI is the fastest pure distance runner in Tennessee. He is a junior at Brentwood Academy, and his time last weekend (15:00) on the steeplechase is only about 20 seconds off the state record. He's extremely efficient and an intelligent racer.

I'll let you decide which definition you like better.

Andrew placed second today in the prestigious Great American race in Cary, NC. Really surprised a lot of people apparently, and represented the state well.

http://www.dyestat.com/3us/3xc/greatameric...seeded-boys.htm

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Bumbi! He is indeed one of the greatest runners our state has seen, and is led by the best coach in the business in Charlie Harper. He's also backed by some great teammates and a wonderful family, and is a humble guy. I beat him when I was in 8th grade! (it was his first middle school race and I nabbed him at the finish line).

Seems to be Kyle Kirchem at the moment(being the most consistent) from Cleveland, But his teammate Will pryor beat him last week at Collegedale- Trevor Howarter however ran an excellent race for WV last week winnning first in the B Division at collegedale, but BC and Cleveland were in a different race altogether on that day or the outcome might have been different being that Robison, Pryor. and Kirchem all posted faster times on the same course.BC's Jerome Robison has been right on their heels several times? But C. Morgan from BC has beat Robison twice and Howarter once, and only finished 1 sec. behind Pryor at Baylor, and Haney from BC has beat Morgan and Robison at a couple of Different races??? Its still too early to tell.

The girls is a tight race between Clevelands Tiffany Palmer(looking VERY strong) who has won the past few races over BC's Jackie Pickel, but in the end(closer we get to state) Pickel usually prevails(in the past anyways), but WV's freshman Brittany Evans is following close behind, and also WV's Traci McCamis who just came out from soccer and WV's Alyson Butler is not far behind, and in her first year of running ever! All in all there is alot of talent in the Bradley Co. area- Region will definitely be interesting to say the least!

Edited by peacemaker

I will agree it looks like a close race Kyle K. has looked strong but all of the area guys have been working hard so it would be a great race as far as girls Tiffany has looked strong but I coached Jackie and I know what she is capable of it is all up her motivation and training Brittany and Alyson both have been working hard and want to do good I think a meet just between Cleveland , Bradley and Walker Valley would be great just a small three way meet

but some how we need to keep it as just a friendly competition I could see it getting out of hand real quick