Seigel vs Knoxville Central

medman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bulldog69: what's the problem?? Central started subbing in the 2nd quarter and the starters did not play the 2nd half. The 4th quarter Siegel's starters were playing freshman and 3-4 jv players. Central threw very few passes the whole game. What they did throw were short passes the backs turned into TD's. I know the Central coaches were trying to hold down the score. But when the kids that don't play much get the chance to play, they are trying to do their best. I don't think there was any bad sportsmanship.

Nobody here in Mid tn. has done that to Siegel..........

Then maybe football there in middle tn isn't what you think it is. Knox Central pulled off the dogs in the middle of the 2nd quarter. What else do you want? They have to finish the game. I am sure if given the choice, they would have chosen to end the game at halftime. Do you think that they expect some sophomores and freshman who never get to play to go in the game and lay down? Those kids are going to give it their best when they get the opportunity to play. I don't think that anyone from Central would be upset because Siegel scored two touchdowns in the 4th quarter on a freshman team to try and make it look respectable. Their kids were still in there fighting, and trying to get better.

I guess what I really want to say bulldog 69 is Get over it! Siegel is a struggling first year team who I am sure is going to get better as time goes by. They played their hearts out tonight, but unfortunately for them it was not enough. It's not like they were playing Tennessee School for the Blind. Central happens to be a pretty good football team, who may make a run for the 4A state championship.

I add this...which I have posted to another topic of similar conversation.......

When Stever Spurrier was at Florida - he said that he was not going to tell his 2nd & 3rd team guys NOT to score. The way he saw it, those guys work just as hard as the first team and deserve the chance to show what they can do.

Also...some states have a "mercy rule". Meaning there is a continous clock without stoppage once the point differential exceeds a certain # of points. Any thoughts on that???

63-20 is the final. The score doesnt show it but our offensive line killed there d-line and visa versa....we actually drove the ball on offense almost every series and our defense had some 3 and outs...again the score may not show it but our program really took some HUGE steps out there tonight, and the only reasoin the score was so lopsided is becuz of our kickoff coverage. But our time will come.