Region 6-3A?

formerQB

What's everyone's take on Region 6-3A with Crockett Co., South Side, and McNairy being 4-0. I dont know much about Lexington except their losses are to Riverside and Huntingdon, while they wins are over Bolivar and Fayette-Ware. Hard to tell how good are.

I think it's a coin toss between Crockett and South Side. Tough, tough game.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNairy is tough. I think they finish 3rd behind SS/Crockett Co. In thier game against Riverside, the score was 6-0 Riverside right before halftime, and Riverside kicked a 6 yard punt while punting from thier endzone. Talk about bad breaks! That really turned the game around for McNairy allowing them to take the lead and momentum before the half.

SS dominated a good USJ, and held thier own and then took over the 4th against a talented JCM team. SS may be the most athletic team I've seen so far.

I saw Crockett Co in a scrimmage against Mckenzie and in the jamboree against Riverside. They have some serious talent and they stay fresh due to using so many players. The O-line and D-line seem to be two different groups, so they stay fresh. Plus, Coach Pratt is has done an amazing job and I dont think he's got enough credit. Considering CC was everyone's homecoming a few years ago, now they are in the hunt for state championship every year.

Should be some good games coming up soon.

I also believe that McNairy will finish in 3rd. I also agree this team is not as talented as the last two years. The keys to this team is how much their offensive and defensive line and Soph QB improve over the next week orso. I think that their games against Crockett and Southside will be close going into the 2nd half but Crockett and South Side pull away by wearing down McNairy's young line. I think South Side will beat Crockett Co in a close game and win the region with all 3 of these teams making it to the 2nd round of the Play-off and 2 of these 3 meeting each other in the quarter-finals.

..... with all 3 of these teams making it to the 2nd round of the Play-off and 2 of these 3 meeting each other in the quarter-finals.

B):DB)

I hate to burst y'all's bubble, but past history shows that you will not have all three of those teams meeting in the second round. Region 5 is just as talented if not more so and will be there to have something to say about who makes the second and third round. :P

Edited by FatCat

I also believe that Southside, McNairy, and Crockett will all be in the second round. Fat Cat you are right about past history being last year when McNairy and Crockett were the only ones to make it to the second round, but the year before McNairy, Crockett, and Southside all made it to the second round. So your history is based on one year.

Fat cat is right ...5-3a is stronger and all the top teams play a strong schedule. Your region schedule always has a few patsies. But...we'll see but the money is on 5-3a. If you want history go back to the late 90's. A supposed great Mcnairy team had a 50 spot put on them by a low seed. 5-3a is the black and blue region.

Let's look at some history of the past 4 years.

2002-2 teams from 6-3A and 5-3A advanced to the 2nd round where they split and then Crockett beat Marshall Co to advance to the semis and lost to eventual state champion Ridgeway in the Semis

2001-3 6-3A teams won in the 1st round then Crockett beat Southside and Sycamore beat McNairy in the 2nd round and Crockett then beat Sycamore in the quarters, then beat Covington in the semis and advancing to the state championship and lost to Austin East

2000-3 6-3A teams win in the 1st round, Southside beat Milan and Marshall beat Crockett in the 2nd round, then Southside beat Marshall in the quarters then lost to Covington in the semis

1999-3 6-3A teams win in 1st round, Milan beat Crockett and Southside beat Page, then Milan beat Southside in the quarters, Covington in the Semis and Portland in the State Championship.

6-3A has won 3 of 4 1st round games in 3 of 4 years the only year being last year.

6-3A has been to every semi-final game the last 4 years.

6-3A has had a state champ and state runner-up 2 of the 4 years.

So how can u say that 5-3A is a better when they have not even put a team in the semi-finals and has only advanced more than one team to the 2nd round once out of the last four years. Your region is called black and blue because 6-3A keeps pounding 5-3A.