who's the fastest player in the state of TN?

SCfootball11

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when Ben Johnson set the world record for the 100 meter dash his 40 yard split was 3.70 and that is the fastest ever in the world. No highschooler is running a sub 4 4o. The NFL combine record was set by Deion Sanders and he ran a 4.19 if that tells you anything.

Tyron Calico is by far the fastest guy on the Titans roster and he was clocked at a blazing 4.29, now thats on a serious note.

Edited by NCS03

There's no such thing as a professional 40 timer. Pro scouts are human just like you and me, which means that they are just as inaccurate and inconsistent. The only 40 time I will believe is an FAT time (or for the non track peeps...a fully automatic timing system), but no one times 40's electronically.

Ok dude. The reason they are "professional" is because they DO HAVE the laser system to properly time people...I believe our friend, stayNskool was referring to times done at the combine and on certain college campuses. Ther person is not per se a professional, his equipment is. I was timed at 4.2, 4.4, and 4.8 one day...all on the same run. Human error pollutes these times. The ONLY way to determine the fastest back is in a race, but then again, it's not. People run faster when they're being chased.

hahaha, and I'm gonna win the lottery,  too.  4.1 is a joke, right?  Something wrong with that clock or the person holding it.

Oh and I almost forgot about Vinny "The Mini Benny Lightning Bolt" Ferguson. He is Benny's little brother. If I ain't badly mistaken I beleive Vinny shatterd Benny's 40 time. Benny runs a 4.1/40 and Vinny runs a 4.0flat/40. Yep these fellers are the fastest in the state. Heck maybe even the nation.

Edited by SteelCurtain

Oh and I almost forgot about Vinny "The Mini Benny Lightning Bolt" Ferguson. He is Benny's little brother. If I ain't badly mistaken I beleive Vinny shatterd Benny's 40 time. Benny runs a 4.1/40 and Vinny runs a 4.0flat/40. Yep these fellers are the fastest in the state. Heck maybe even the nation.

NOT IMPOSSIBLE... but very improbable! :P

MARK BYRD OF CLOUDLAND IS THE FASTEST KID IN NORTHEAST TN. HE IS VERY QUICK GOING EAST TO WEST. THEN WHEN HE FINDS THE HOLE HE CAN ALSO RUN NORTH AND SOUTH. MARK IS A FOUR YEAR STARTER AND ONE OF THOSE WHO ONLY COMES AROUND EVERY 20 OR 25 YEARS. BY THE WAY I AM NOT FROM CLOUDLAND. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING HIM PLAY SINCE HE WAS IN THE 1ST GRADE. HE IS A GREAT STUDENT AND A GREAT ALL AROUND KID. ANY COACH LOOKING FOR A BALL PLAYER IN ANY SPORT SHOULD LOOK AT MARK.

Edited by oleagle