Good grief!

SemperFiBlue

It just seemed to me that Bolton had a good team.

This is a team that handled Barlett really good last week. Bartlett had already beaten up on Houston this season. I guess one would think that Bolton would have the upperhand with that tremendous momentum gainer against Bartlett! Bolton also has a huge win over Millington! I just find this surprising. I thought for sure Bolton might go to the state or at least the final four or eight.

Well, I expect Bolton should cruise through the rest of their schedule. They have Memphis Central next. Granted, I don't know how they did against Craigmont. The score hasn't been posted yet. They have winless Munford and winless Memphis-Overton. They also have a Cordova team that is 1-5 right now. I'm thinking that maybe Harding Academy may give them their biggest test next.

Harding Academy is currently 5-1, so we shall see.

Still think Bolton will finish the regular season 9-1.

Last year was the first time since 1996 that Bolton had made the playoffs and its the first time in the last 10 years (at least, maybe longer) that they had a winning record.

Bartlett isn't that good, Houston is reloading ( and did so at the right time vs Bolton) and Millington outplayed them but made some costly mistakes. Of the games they have remaining, they should be favored to win almost all of them. Munford is 1-4 but have been in every game but one. Harding should give them a good game. Don't take Cordova for granted either. They can move the ball up and down the field with the best of them.

As far as making the state playoffs, that should not be a problem. They would be hard pressed to get past anyone from the other region. Right now it looks like White Station, Germantown, Collierville and Whitehaven would be the four teams and we all know what Whitehaven did to Bolton last year at Bolton!

And as far as White Station goes, they have beat Collierville. Let's see what happens when they face Germantown and a young but improving Houston squad as well as Whitehaven. I don't think they have ever been to the playoffs so you have that whole new experience as well. Good story for this year but have some success over a couple of years before you beat your chest and ask for respect. Anybody can do it on a one year basis.