Coffee County

FANatic4FOOTball

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ELA, I would be more in favor of dropping Old Timer's Day if I knew we could have something more positive in it's place. So far, Manchester will be a Parade-less town after this year.

I think Manchester needs to start a Homecoming parade trend for CHS on the Saturday before and perhaps make it to where Westwood Junior High's homecoming is that prior Thursday so both schools can take part in a Homecoming Day parade without the other feeling left out because two Homecoming parades would be too difficult to do for Manchester.

The city needs to organize a town-wide celebration of some kind to substitute for Old Timer's Day. Otherwise the town becomes even more boring than it already is.

Let me say I hope Coffee County wins. The winner will have home field in the playoffs. I'm glad someone is getting us back to what we should be talking about, football. Sorry for falling into non-football talk.

Man, it sounds like someone is running for Mayor of Manchester on here :D I thought this was suppose to be a football conversation.

Anyway, Falcons are looking forward coming to Manchester in a few weeks to play you guys!

chs4life, I didn't post because you mentioned T-Town's record. We all know what it is and why it is what it is. Things will get better. It just seems like every time someone brings up problems in Manchester, they want to somehow think that Tullahoma is the reason. Some people, and I'm not saying you, need to look within the city of Manchester for a fix, not 11 miles west.

I enjoy reading your posts and commend you for supporting the raiders through good and bad, just as Tullahoma supports the wildcats through good, and this year bad times.

As for the county taxes going to Tullahoma City Schools, they are the education portion of property taxes that Tullahoma residents who live in the corporate boundry of Tullahoma pay to the county. The same thing happens in Manchester. It is not a subsidy from the county, but tax money that originated in Tullahoma. Believe me, Coffee County still gets it's fair share of my tax dollar.

Now that I've said that, let me say......"GOOD LUCK TO THE RAIDERS AGAINST FRANKLIN COUNTY THIS WEEK & GOOD LUCK TO THE WILDCATS!

chs4life,

Young, bright, lots of energy, passionate about his town and wants immediate results. I believe that fits a more Metropolitan type of town! Manchester moves much like the federal government....slow, methodically and in it's own time.

Seriously though, I admire young people speaking their mind and forming their opinions while bouncing them off of others even at the cost of sounding silly at times. That's someone that is not afraid to fail and is willing to keep trying. You know, much like the team itself. As crazy as this sounds, I truly believe Semper wants the same things we all want but he is just more willing to vocalize what maybe far more people think but are afraid to say. That's the beauty of being young. You can speak your mind and learn from the school of hard knocks which is the best way to learn. You'll never forget the results. :D

Classy post, TK6Under.

I must say. Tullahoma's USMC ROTC program is quite admirable. I wished Coffee could've had USMC ROTC, but all they have is Air Force ROTC. Don't get me wrong. I'm not taking anything away from the Air Force or the ROTC program at Coffee. It's just that I'd participated in ROTC if it were Marine Corps.

CHS4Life and others inquiring,

I do regret not playing any sports, but if the USMC discharged me for my problem then chances are I wouldn't have been able to play sports either.

Besides, there are not that many options for a person who is 5' 8" and 145lbs. Too short for basketball and football and those would be the only sports I'd be intersted in playing the most. At the time I was slow so I couldn't do Track.

However, I'm pretty athletic now since under a weight training program inspired and motivated at my initial joining of the Marine Corps.

Still, I never got into sports as a kid. I guess it never grew on me.

However, the love of the game did grow on me. I helped design one of our Pep Club Shirts one year. The one that included the "Ten Raider Rules" on the back. I helped design the front that included the school's emblem.

CHS4Life said in reference to Manchester's Interstate Exits,

Exit 114, 111, and 110 in the city no others.

Exit 105 and 117 are considered inside the city of Manchester as well.

105 leads to Beechgrove

117 leads to Manchester's Industrial Park one way and AEDC the other way

So Manchester has five exits.

Tullahoma's municipal airport has been a gateway to the town's commercial industry. It is easier to ship things overnight by plane than to ship them in semi trucks down the interstate.

Beleive me this is what every team in the region wanted is for coffee to fall from the unbeatens because if the team at coffee central is fighting amongst there selves like you guys are than it is going to be a long secound half of the season for yall. you guys need to pull it together and stay supportive of your team. because i know that the Falcons of Lincoln countydo not want to come up there and play a team that is playing each other. so the fans and the team need to step up and go when times get tough. hang in there. play with your hearts and cheer from the bottom of your hearts.We have to take care of some bussiness for a couple of weeks and we will come to visit yall and we expect a great game so pull it to gether guys and cheer for you home team.

Fanatic4Football said:

BTW, SEMPERFIBLUE, when you mentioned "Ed", do you mean Coach EDDIE Nunley? Hopefully there will be so much success in CC that no one will want to leave. Good Luck Raiders!

I was referring to Ed Nunley, the defensive coordinator at Coffee County. I just fear that his tenure at Coffee County will be as short as his son, Jake's.