clinton's coach - 2004

topkak

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one particular ? for anyone on this post, when in the heck did Josh Kerr get a job offer at LSU? I never knew anything about it and I am sure a lot of AC fans didn't either. If he is anything like his dad he is very tight with the money they receive from different things, and I think you should help out other sports when you raise money and not just spend it all on the football team. I know for a fact that AC practically gets new uniforms and new warm-up suits every year, and to me that could go towards the Band, Soccer team, Volleyball team, and whoever else needs to purchase equipment or uniforms. Please post your opinion to my comment and I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for listening!!!! GO AC and Clinton!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Josh Kerr applied for a graduate assistant position at LSU. It was not a full assistant coaching position. I am not sure if it was actually offered, but when the position came open in the AC schools (and it was offered), he took it. I believe he wanted to coach along side his dad and just to stay close to home. Some think LK is hanging on to groom Josh for the head coachingposition. I've been told by one very close that Josh doesn't want to take over for his dad for it would look like he didn't earn it. T. Lambert will be a great head man when LK is done. That is if he doesn't get stolen away by a school that makes it hard to turn down. TL likes AC.

The football team has an excellent booster club (AC quarterback club). Alot of this nice equipmemt is purchased by them (not sure if that includes uniforms or not). These people for what ever reason choose to support the football program. It is my understand that the money taken at the gate on friday night ballgames goes to support all athletic programs at the school (again, it's 'my' understanding). The two people over the quarterback club are two very smart, honest, and hard working people that do for the love of it (they don't have kids currently playing at AC). They are excellent organizers and managers of the money they raise and spend on the program.

It is my understanding that the players get their warmups from selling Maverick cards (discount cards to area merchants) during the preseason. That is if they sell a certain number of the cards they are given, they get these nice items (again this is 'my' understanding of how these things happen).

From the bottom of a true clintoners heart I appreciate the things you said about KC and clinton's program, it means a lot to some of us. Hopefully there is nothing but a bright future ahead of clinton football so good luck to the dragons in the future in EVERY sport........

like i said earlier nothing but respect DCCAT, but on the promtion of talkin about our football players on the the air, I love to hear it too, but when I can walk by someone in the stand and hear the same thing only more it kinda bothers me. Clinton's fans need to realize its only a game and thats how it should be and I thought tragedies that we have been through as a whole would help put that into view and help us realize it is only a game afterall, but its suddenly vanished from our eyes.......

Always in my heart #6

I agree with you guys saying everyone needs to raise their own money but I was just wondering everyones opinion about this topic. I understand everything you all have said and especially you Colonel. I hope TL becomes ACs coach once LR leaves but I am sure if there was an opening in Scott Co. he may take it since he lives up there i heard. Well hope AC and Clinton win on Thursday!! GO MAVS AND DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!! B):rolleyes:;)

Mav10, I was told Tony lambert was strongly encouraged to apply for the Scott job a few years ago. He did not apply. Why? I don't know for sure. TL loves AC, but I'm sure he really loves SC due to it being his home. Sometimes home isn't the best place to work.

Don't use the fact that he lives in SC against him like some held it against Clintons former head coach, KC (who is a good man). TL is a winner whom the players and community love. He walks the halls and practice fields daily, stoking the fire.