WEST TENNESSEE

huskerfanbob

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how I am from "rural" West Tennessee, or the "boondocks" as asdfasdf called it, could someone inform me a little about Christian Brothers? Is this a private school or what class? I have seen Milan play a couple times this year, and they really impressed me. It would take a great team to put Milan away, the way they have everyone on their schedule so far. And how many highschools are there in Memphis?

CBHS is a private school in east Memphis. It is an all boys school and are listed at about 1500 students. They are very good. I have seen them play twice this year and their line is incredible. Their backs are very good also. Memphis has so many schools that the athletes are spread out. Memphis/metro could have 5 or 6 schools in the area that all the students for one school in rural west TN cover.

well smart one, the way they calculate enrollment, it's actually only 850 guys. The other half is an estimate if the school were to have girls. The reason that someone would want to go to an all-male private school is for the privelage to play for a team with tradition and talent. By the way, Christian Brothers is a IIAAA school for our uninformed brethren in the "boondocks."

Edited by brothers15

hey duckman name a decent team on milan's schedule. boredguy sounds like he knows his football.

Milan has played some good teams - Huntingdon, Central Merry, and Covington is up this week. Their region is usually a little stronger top-to-bottom, but Westview and Union City are both down this year. They have a legitamite shot at going to Murfreesboro this year.

However, I think they'd be hard-pressed to hang with the better Memphis teams like Germantown and CBHS. I wouldn't mind seeing more games played between rural west TN teams and Memphis metro teams in the future. I think it would make both sides better in the long run.