Central vs Cleveland

ELA

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

blueraider75, i live in cleveland, and commute in chattanooga, as for purplepud, u r the most annoying poster i have encountered in my 3+years on here. go back and get some quotes from the red bank pre game, what i said was directly against your "if central comes to play", i understood what u said, and i directly explained, that u were wrong for putting it in those terms, that cleveland was the team to beat, not central, therefore they were the team that anyone better hopes doesnt come to play, you might want to read it again to understand. lol hahah lol hahah lol hahahah,,,,, shutup with all of that. stand up for what you say, you dont have to make friends with everyone who disagrees with you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest warriorpride12

Central will not only win this game but they will run away with it.Everyone thinks that Cleveland is so good but this week will prove that they are not that good.

u know what anspa, im glad we have all these blueraider haters. Central has won 5 games this year....... yea so what, now yall wanna talk smack to one of the powerhouses in 4a football..............I wish Coach Brown saw some of the things the central fans are writing on here lol lol, then maybe he would really run the score up just like last year. Central fans u get respect when u deserve it and right now u are talking a little to much to get it. By the way was Central talking smack when they lost to Tyner 41-10

I dont know about all this smack talking back and fourth but I do know they're both good teams..one team is used to winning the games and the other is just getting used to it so without offending anyone lol Im gonna say I dont think it will be a blowout by any means so Ill say(and hope) Central will take Cleveland by a touchdown.

Good Luck Pounders!

I look at it this way... if Red Bank gave Cleveland a hard time.. Central should too.. enough said

BENHASRISEN,

I normally try to overlook criticism. However, if I recall correctly you "Didn't appreicate Hixson slander on the Red Bank thread." So why are you gonna talk smack about Red Bank on this thread? It dosen't make any sense for you to say don't talk smack about my team, but I'm gonna go to another thread and talk smack about yours. ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!

A few quick notes on tonights game:

1. Central's star running back Michael Davenport is running on one bad wheel. Two years ago he tore his ACL I believe against Soddy-Daisy running back kick-offs. He had surgery and finished that season on the IR. Two weeks ago against Tyner he was cut block on that same bad and experienced some swelling. The following week he was taken in for medical treatment to have his knee drained. Then against Brainerd last week his knee took another shot and the swelling return. During practice this week Michael did not take many snaps in the hopes of letting his knee rest.

2. The post say Red Bank gave Cleveland all they want are good, but isn't this the same Red Bank team that had Central on the ropes last season. And then lost on in the final seconds on a long field goal by Hillian. Red Bank may not have the talent these two programs have but the have good coaches that constantly stress fundamentals and techinque. Where as both the Pounders and Raiders are speed teams. They let their speed compensate for technique.

3. No disrespect but the absences of Brent Hayes in the middle of the Central defense is huge loss. Adam Medlock is excellent defender, but he in all reality is a outside linebacker, who defend from the outside in. I don't believe in two weeks you can teach a outside lineback to come inside and take on blocks from tackles, guards, and full backs. As an outside linebacker his main job is to force the play back inside to the pursuit. He excels at that.

4. This is a different Cleveland team than what we have seen in the past. This team should not be based on points scored but other stats. Yes they are 5-1 and mayebe they have not put the usual 30-50 points a game, but if you look at their numbers they have become a ball control team. They have basically lead in time of possesion in every game they have played this year. That means your defense is on the field, and that your offense is parking by the water cooler. The best defense is a good offense. One that can keep the ball long periods of time, and keep your defense off the field. This offense is getting done, but not like most people think it should be done.

yeah good post. all of that is really true i think barber had a great game he did really well. when you have a back like barber you can control the clock like that against most anyone. i think central did really well and i think would have won if they would have stoped all the penalties. big runs and touchdowns were called back because of them and drives that would have kept going were stoped because of them. big win for the raiders good job...i think this game was alot closer than everyone thought it would be. i agree with what was said about brent. adam is a great football player but when you have a big back like barber you need that 245 pound linebacker in there. medlock will lay a lick on ya but brent has alot more knock down weight behind him. i think adam has really steped it up with brent gone and with davenport's knee giving him trouble. 2 points...man thats close. he is the leader of the team.

Edited by purplepounderfootball