CPA-They're Back!

divepix

"Disagree without being disagreeable"?? Sounds good, but what does it mean? I don't believe it is possible. :D I do think you can "disagree without being disrespectful", but disagreeing is being disagreeable.

I stand by my statement that there is a ligitimate place in these posts for good nature prognostication, bantering between fans, and talking up your team - emphasis on good natured. If we try to silence the posts by "it will be decided on the field", we will only have a scoreboard and analysis of the past. That's no fun!

And yes, you are a sage. Now all I have to do is look up what that means. :angry:

I just get a little tired of the "my dad can beat up your dad" routine. All teams sacrifice a lot to play this great game. Who's the best? We can all guess, but nothing is proved until that last game is played in the "boro". Then we will have our answer. Until then it's just a lot of "educated" guessng. Good luck to DCA, ya'll have always had a class program, coaches, fans and players. Let's get these next couple of games out of the way first, before we start talking up the game. Hello, don't matter what happens on Oct. 24, unless you take care of business these next couple of weeks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just get a little tired of the "my dad can beat up your dad" routine. All teams sacrifice a lot to play this great game. Who's the best? We can all guess, but nothing is proved until that last game is played in the "boro". Then we will have our answer. Until then it's just a lot of "educated" guessng.

Robjim,

I don't disagree with you about the "my dad can beat your dad" statements being silly. If you read my past posts (even in this thread) they are more based on analysis than bragging. However, my point to Bighurt and to you is that predictions (which I have read from you before), like polls are part of the fun of these boards. Discussing this year's results, stats, strength of schedules, and past year rivalries and results are valid as we anxiously await a big game. I repeat: if all we did is wait for results and discussed that, the boards would lose half of their popularity. As you say, "we can all guess", so let's guess and back it up with some reasons.

This is why i love highschool football and the media. If you are going to beleive what the newspapers say and what these message boards say about rankings and predictions then i feel very sorry for all of you. I played for coach pack in 97 on his first cpa team. I am a coach in georgia now. I remember a lot from that season under pack but most of all what he told me about the press. he said that you must read the sports pages like the sunday funnies. Do not take them seriously. Nothing can be predicted. teams match up differently. I get on coach T just to laugh at some of the things written. Most things written by highschool football players and parents. Seldom do you see or hear a person with more than 4 years of football experience on here stating there opinions.

In Georgia we have a site just like this called www.gavsv.com It is the same as coachT...A lot of people just talking.

As for my prediction of the CPA - DCA game. IT'll be close probably 309,568 to 309,569 in 56 OT's . I mean the way people talk about these two teams why not?

Thank you coach pack for your wisdom and thankyou coach T for the laughs.

:)

This is why i love highschool football and the media. If you are going to beleive what the newspapers say and what these message boards say about rankings and predictions then i feel very sorry for all of you. I played for coach pack in 97 on his first cpa team. I am a coach in georgia now. I remember a lot from that season under pack but most of all what he told me about the press. he said that you must read the sports pages like the sunday funnies. Do not take them seriously. Nothing can be predicted. teams match up differently. I get on coach T just to laugh at some of the things written. Thank you coach pack for your wisdom and thankyou coach T for the laughs.

:justwrestle:

Wheelz44,

I agree completely and my point exactly. It is fun to predict and banter back and forth with other fans. Plus you learn a lot about other teams and players by doing so. Without predictions and analysis there would not be as much interest in sports.

It is as much a part of the game for the fan as the games sometimes. There's nothing wrong with it as long as it is done in good fun and with respect for each other, the schools and the kids.

We all know predictions mean nothing when the game begins. But they are part of sports.