Page 27, Sycamore 17

PageMan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was a great game that came down to the wire. Page's defense played very well in the first half. Their offense didn't start on their side of the 50 yd line the whole first half. The score was 20-3 at half-time. In the second half Sycamore made a good defensive stand and gave their offense decent field position. Sycamore scored 2 unanswered td's. With about 5 minutes to go in the game the score was 20-17 with Page driving. Page fumbled and Sycamore recovered on their own 15 or so. The very next play Sycamore fumbled with Page recovering. A few plays later Page scores making it 27-17. Sycamore had 7 turnovers compared to page's 2. Offensively the two teams were probably pretty even on yards but the turnovers absolutely killed sycamore, 4 of them coming in the first half. Page maybe had 75-80 yds offense in the first half and had 3 td's..

Good luck to both teams on the remainder of the season

Page took a huge step tonight toward the driver's seat in the region 5-3a....punishing the war eagles 27-17. Turnovers were a big key as the Page defense harassed the Sycamore qb into 8 (or something like that) interceptions. The only thing that stopped the Pats tonight were the convenient yellow hankies. The Qb is a great player and ran the ball very well....he just doesn't want to get hit passing the ball. The page offense was never stopped by the sycamore defense....only by penalties. The fourth quarter which had been a nemesis to the Pats, was the turnaround tonight as the Pats buried them. Too much of #14, 17, and 12. Defense was awesome in the 4th qtr. By the way THE GAME WAS SETTLED ON THE FIELD and Page came away with a great victory.Let it be said ...if you talk the talk....then you should be able to walk the walk...I think we did that ON THE FIELD

Page scored in the 1st quarter after Sycamore fumbled the ball on their opening drive giving Page the ball at the 35 of Sycamore. QB Jared Elliot scored on a 18 yd. run after Josh McMurray converted a 4th & 1 from the 26 putting Page at the 18. Aaron Crowley's extra point was good. Page leads 7-0 at 7:31. Sycamore's next drive was stopped by sacks of the QB and they had to punt. Page's drive was stalled by a holding penalty and they punted to the 25 of Sycamore. Sycamore moved the ball to the Page 15 on passing plays aided by a face mask penalty & a pass interfence call as the qtr ended. Page 7-0

In the 2nd qtr., Sycamore couldn't get the TD and settled for a FG at 11:02. Page 7-3. Sycamore squib kicked on the kick-off and Page took possession on the 45 of Page. The drive stalled on incomplete passes and Page punted to the 8 of Sycamore. Their drive stalled and their punt was returned to the Sycamore 34 by Page. Runs by Michael Motley led to the 2nd TD run by Elliot from the 3 and PAT was good by Crowley. Page leads 14-3 at 7:05. After the Page kick-off by Motley to the 5, Sycamore's drive ended on a fumble, but Page's drive was stopped after a holding penalty and Crowley's 41 yd FG attempt was just short. Sycamore couldn't move the ball and punted to their 49. Elliot ran the ball to the 36 and later passed the ball to Andrew Bradley for the TD. The extra point was missed as Page might have been trying a trick play for 2 by lining up away from the ball, but it didn't develop right. Page leads 20-3 at 1:19. The last minute of the half, there were 2 interceptions by Page & 1 by Sycamore as the teams exchanged the ball. Page leads 20-3 at the half.

The 3rd qtr started with a short kick-off by Sycamore to the Page 43, but Page had a delay penalty, then a holding penalty, which forced a punt to the Sycamore 40. Sycamore ran the ball and converted a 4th & 10 from the Page 27 and eventually scored at 7:49 on a run by the QB. Extra point good. Page still leads 20-10. Another short kick by Sycamore gave Page the ball at their 45, but despite runs by Motley, Page had to punt which placed the ball at the 5 of Sycamore. Unable to move the ball, Sycamore punted to the their 25, but Page was unable to convert a 4th & 8 as Elliot was sacked. Sycamore took over at their 30 and their QB ran the ball to the Page 15 as several tackles were missed by Page. The qtr ended with Page ahead 20-10.

In the 4th qtr., Sycamore converted a 4th & 1 at the Page 9 and then scored at TD on a run & added the extra point. At 9:29, Page leads 20-17. Sycamore finally kicked the ball down the field and Page advanced the ball from the 19 on runs by McMurray & Motley. Page fumbled the ball at the Sycamore 19, but Sycamore fumbled the ball on the next play and Page recovered at the 18. Elliot then ran for his third TD of the night and the PAT was good. Page leads 27-17 at 6:02. Motley's kick-off went to the end zone and Sycamore was intercepted by Mike Brooks. Holding penalties again stopped Page, but Sycamore couldn't score and Page ran the clock out. Final Page 27, Sycamore 17.

Page's kicking game played an important part in this win as field position was important. Sycamore's lack of kicking on punts & kick-offs hurt their cause.

I've sit here and read this Sycamore/Page stuff until I'm sick of it. Bulldog69, I don'w know who you are, and I din't care, but from all others accounts of this game it must have been a close contest until Page scored a late TD to seal the win. Your account of the game makes it sound as if Page dominated the game and only the cheating officials kept Sycamore in the game. Man, get the chip off of your sholder and realize that officials are part of the game. You have the right to your opinion, that is true, but geeezzz! I wasn't there and really don't care but it's easy to see why everyones demeanor changes when someone mentions Page. Quit whining, enjoy the win, and prepare for the next game.

Hey ..vince I was there and it was a good game and yes Page had numerous drives stopped by penalties....Yardage in the game will show that outside of a few passes by sycamore and a 55 yd run by the qb ...it was dominating ... .speaking of chips on their shoulder I don't remember you jumping in here last week so don't give anyone any grief. These guys earned that victory hands down...we are enjoying the win but we don't play next week...and as for you ...?????????

vince142 - Page led at half time 20-3 and I think that's pretty dominating. Sycamore did get the score to 20-17, but Page never trailed. As bulldog69 said, Page has a off week next week and will play Greenbrier for there next game on Oct 17 at Page. The sportmanship of both teams was excellent - I wish more of the posts in these topics were as respectable.

Page played very well in the first half no doubt about it, but just like they have been all season they were dominated in the second half by Sycamore. Page simply converted on 2 of Sycamores 7 turnovers, one on Sycamores 20 yard line. There is no domination in that. If you saw the game you would know that Page was dominated in the second half when Sycamore put in 2 unanswere td's in less than 5 minutes. Sadly a win is a win. Sycamore looked like they might pull off the win after recovering a Page fumble, but the very next play Sycamore turned it over. Page was just at the right place at the right time.

I happen to be a Sycamore fan and you want my response so here it is.

On Friday night i seen one of the best games played. Page did dominate the first have but Sycamore had plenty of turnovers holding them back. In the second half Sycamore some out and got the best of page in the 3rd qt. penalties or no penalties (which come with the game of football). In the fourth Sycamore wtill had the upper hand until their RB fumbled and page scored.

All in all i would have to it was a GREAT game with page coming out on top. Good luck to page in the rest of their season. See you in the playoffs!!! :angry: