DB vs Sevier County

10sefootball

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevier County is always well prepared for the Indians, Coach Brewer will have all sorts of goodies for the Tribe and I think the Parton kid should be at least close to 100%...he is a fine player. It should be an interesting game on the big hump of Sevier County.

I do agree that this D-B team has a great team personality, chemistry, and plays together well. This is not a team of individuals looking out for themselves, it is a team of individuals, together, playing for the good of all and I think that is, in part, due to the leadership of Walker Throp and his attitude toward the game. His ordeal with knee surgery last year and the long road back, has been a great example for this team of desire, effort, and heart. I also think that Chase Flanary provides solid leadership and like Walker it is by example. I'd also put Cedric Hodge out there as a leader for D-B.

It is a good group that will play hard and will show respect for the Smokey Bears. The D-B coaching staff will provide their leadership and have the Indians ready to play on Friday.

Roll Tribe Roll

It is great to see DB have so many players contribute to their season. They have shown everyone that we have many weapons that can break a game wide open. On offense we can run when we want, we can pass when we want(double up on Lamon if you like because we have many playmakers). On defense we can stuff the run, stop the pass, gang tackle you or make a big individual hit. Point is, all the pieces of the team are working together giving DB so many ways to win a game.

Tough week in the Import/Export Business. It's a jungle out there. But a road trip to Purple Country will fix that!! DB travels well. Especially @ Sevier County. The Tribe Nation will outnumber the Smokey Bears from 80 miles away. I think DB has lost 1 time in this series on the road, and hold a 12-4 Series edge.

Back 3 years ago this game was an epic battle between #1 & #2 Ranked SC and DB, with the Indians winning in a thrilling ending 35-34..... SC went for a 2pt conversion with no time on the clock, going for the win instead of heading into OT. Gutsy call.... but, it turned out to be the wrong call... A DB blitz and tight endzone coverage doomed that play....in another TRIBE WIN. This series is going south quick with the play of SC for the past few years, and they are still dropping.

DB rolls the Sevier County in a big way.... no close game here. Tribe fans should arrive as early as possible, to get a seat on the Winning side of the field, real early. SC fans can take their time,,, the rest of the Tribe Nation will be setting on your side by the time you get to your stadium.

DB 52

SC 14

Edited by ArtVandalay

I played in that one Art, and you have no clue the feeling we had as a defense when they went for two. We just knew they'd give it to their huge fullback Kevin Stephens but they tried the bootleg. Bad Choice. Thanks for bringing that one up (for memory's sake). The Indians will be fine without Lamon, but the Smoky Bears get up for this one like no other. My guess is DB-31 SC-24. Gonna be closer than most think, but I hope I'm wrong. Roll Tribe!

Hey DBHS1.... That Classic game 3 yrs ago yeilded the greatest ever Post Game Locker Room comment by a HS Football Coach when Graham Clark stated....

(as close as you can get without being in the locker room)

"Men, this will be one of the happiest days of your lives!!...Whether you compare it with the day you get married, or the day you get divorced... never forget this day!!!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Sevier County is suffering from the same illness that dropped GP back to AA: Pigeon Forge is impacting enrollment. Kids can continue attending high school with their childhood friends instead of having to choose between SC and GP. Don't be suprised to see Sc drop down a division in a few years. I think Seymour will be the next Sevier County powerhouse. DB by at least 2 TDs