Kingston at LC

swamp

Ripley For a matter of fact the two weeks that Chad Johnson was out he was sick. I know this for a fact and while you are running your mouth about things you dont know. JUst keep the stats up to the paper, and play the game you can play. And the thing about Chads dad. THat was not even chad fault. Look at it this way what if you had a son and in the past 2 games has scored 2 Td a peace and in the 3rd game didnt get the ball but three times. Tell me how you would feal.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Swamp's question, Who has Kingston beat? Harriman (winless) and Gibbs (2 wins) Kingston has left to play LC, Loudon, AE and Fulton, I see Kingston only winning 1 of those games. Lenoir City has only lost to AE and Fulton, they have beat OZ and Scott, left to play Kingston, Gibbs, AC and Loudon. I see LC winning 3 of the remaining games. LC over Kingston friday night!

Edited by EFG18

on the #34 issue- i agree with both sides, to a degree. no, it's not the players fault that his dad had a lapse in judgement. as a person, #34 is as polite and respectful as they come. yes, if his father isn't careful HE will be #34's downfall, for his future. has coach king handled this situation correctly? not in my opinion. #34 was the primary ball runner in the AC game. getting twice as many carries as he normally would. the 37 yard td was a pass with NO one around him. should mounsey or miller gotten the ball more? probably. by handling this the way vic has, he is sending the wrong message to the fathers of other players. has #34 paid his "dues"? no. he's just a soph. am i glad that #34 is still playing for kingston? absolutely!! just wish his dad had of handled his displeasure differently. i think before all is said and done, if vic doesn't put dad in his place, this could hurt kingston football for a few years to come. unfortunantly, i think it has filtered into the team and put a dark cloud over #34. thanks, DAD! stay in the stands!

Look Chad's dad got a little out of hand at the Rockwood game....Big Deal. That was 4 weeks ago...He was doing what he thought was right l. Like any other parent would do. It is no lie that Kingston is a better team with him. But it is still all about the TEAM. I don't see an I in there and I'm sure he doesn't either. My argument is still is that Johnson has been there this year as much as he could this year and even got to plat last year after Joe Driggers went down with some injuries. He's earned his as much as anyone else on the team. He lead Roane county in the first 2 weeks in Tds and Rushing anbd thats not it . He did it with only 12 carries. That is enough said about the Johnson kid and if you don't believe he's a threat then just ask Harriman , Rockwoods , Gibbs and Anderson County's coaches.... The boy is going to be good along with the other promising sophmores with him...Hang in there Chad don't think about all this stuff we need you ready for the game Friday....

Another thing is the boy is going to stick with his fathers decision regardless of what happens ........That's His Father....For all parents out there stay out of the boy's business and let him concentrate on his football and grades

LC seems to be a team playing with a lot of pride they are meshing well. Last year they got rid of a bunch infections on their team and it is helping this year b/c they are play balanced team ball. Their is no standouts for this team, they are all average ball players playing their heart out. Kingston will have trouble with LC if they dont get their ducks in a row. Kingston is more talented, but that means nothing if you dont give it all for the team, and that showed with Kingston in each game except the AC game...LC does have a good running game, and stops the run well, except for AE...

The first two games we were already ahead 50 to 0. The starters didnt get to play much after we were so far ahead, so of course he would have more rushing he got to play more. And what about rockwood? he played what happened there? One person cant win a game its a team effort. Again he is a good player, but hes not better then the Sr that have earned their right to be there. As far as I m concerned we should utilize him on the line. Thats were he has always played until he came to kingston. Also the AC game he carried the ball the whole game, if you average the times he carried to the yards he got it wouldnt be many, also the TD was a open pass with no one around him. It was a good catch, but anyone ealse could of caught the ball. The point is he is a good player, but not better then the other player on the team. He has two more yrs to play let the SR play and enjoy their last yr If Chad was so much better then everyone ealse i would say let him

run the ball, but hes not. I hope coach King does the right thing this week and lets

Miller and Mounsey run the ball They deserve it they earned it on their own and they didnt need their daddy to get it for them GO JACKETS!!!!

Chad is not a second team player him and miller switch out evry series . Shows how much somebody knows . If he was second team he would be playing in JV games. The boy is good Sophmore or Senior the better players get to play and if you haven't noticed Anderson County has one of the better defenses in the state. Let coach King do his job and stay in the stands. He's been coaching for awhile and the only thing on his mind is play-offs beat the teams week by week and get there. Nobody looks at a losing team...... Go Jackets

My score :

RCHS : 35

LCHS : 21

All this talk about who should play sr or soph......get a grip people. It doesn't matter what grade a kid is the only thing that matters is when they are on the field that they play as a team. We finally saw that at AC. I personally know Chad's mother and she could care less if he runs the ball 4 times or 40 times a game as long as it benefits the team. Chad is only a sophmore and plays a lot but so are Lee Johnson, Mitch Brown and several other key players. But the point is he is a team player who gives 100% and so do the rest of the sophmores that I mentioned. And this my friend is what matters. If you don't give 100% then you don't need to be on the field no matter what grade you are in. And before you get upset I'm not saying that the Sr's don't give 100% I'm just saying that I know these guys do.

Yes, his father made a bad decision approaching the coach, but let's not keep beating a dead horse. Let's get out there and support our team and respect the coaches decisions, good or bad.

Kingston - 28

LC - 14