early, there won't be many parking spots!! Hope fans from both sides behave

this week-let's just play the game and leave it all on the field-not tearing up

each other's great school facilities.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

i would normally agree with ya C, but since this is rivalry game, i think this one will be a lot closer than it should be, but i think smyrna will still get the W

Guest region4fan

Will this one be on WGNS?? I would like to listen while I am watching the Battle of the Boro!

Lavergne has had to come down HARD back to earth, so maybe they will give the Dogs a battle.

Edited by region4fan

Lavergne runs the wing t if there is anything Smyrna does well it is stopping the wing t (it seems like a lot of the teams we play run this offense) Smyrna's defense gets little credit ,most of the touchdowns scored against them are after interceptions or fumbles that leave a short field or interceptions for touchdowns.

In summary: Smyrna defense under rated and now that I think about it Smyrna 's offense needs to stop turning it over!

I think Smyrna's early tough schedule will benefit them greatly.

I hope Lavergne's coach makes his priority stopping the run like last year and his strategy of making "Smyrna have to pass to beat us" would be fine with me again. Wolke loves to throw against 2 and 3 deep zone defenses and it will be like shooting fish in a barrell again.

Early Prediction-------- Smyrna (best 3-3 team in state) 31 Lavergne 14

I know a lot of kids on both teams so I hope everyone plays hard and everyone shows good sportsmanship.

The game has lost it's luster since Lavergne won one a few years ago. Before that the intensity was high because no Smyrna team wanted to be the first to lose and every Lavergne team wanted to be the first to win. It actually has been sort of low key the last 2 years and I would love to see the students back on the field before the game again this week.

Injury report for all you las vegas gamblers!

Wolke- he actually ran the ball up field for the first time in 4 games last week and scored on an option. He is close to 100%

Shanon- ran him at tailback a lot last week he is a load!

Michael Hinson- one of our best receivers has been released by his doctor and will be available this week

Caleb Frazier- lineman is back

Phillip Roberson defensive end - did not play last week?

How is Lavergne as a team(strengths weaknesses) and injury wise?

Smyrna will win fairly easily. They are probably the most athletic team in the region and lack some good coaching decisions and have an average line. Skill position players are more athletic by far than Lavergne. For example, Antonio Owens starting fullback for Lavergne played at Smyrna and didn't even start on the JV. No matter how pumped up Lavergne gets this is a game that they dont expect to win. Last year Lavergne only had Grimes, this year they have nobody who can match up with Smyrna. The score should be somewhere in the 40-10 range in favor of Smyrna.