Smyrna vs. Lavergne

dawgluva

Region 4 fan were you on any of the following

1.The Warren Commission? Conspiracy or lone gunmen?

2.Watergate committee? What did the coach know and when did he know it?

3.The Simpson Jury? Some say they saw Mark Furman around the school!

By the way I am an expert on No# 1 seriously

Edited by 82cat

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucky13K

Sorry we took away from your insightful football post please except my humble apology. The idea of somone having a little fun on a message board! I will only post serious post from now on and promise not to have any fun doing it. please forgive me it hurts so much knowing I've disappointed you

Game recap

Most boring Smyrna Lavergne game I have ever seen and I have seen them all.

Crowd arrived late and was not very into the game for most of the night.

Neither team played inspired football. I think Smyrna new they had enough talent to win and did it despite some very bad calls in the second quarter (ck my post I'm not a whiner about calls because they usually even out) Lavergne is better than I thought on offense but for some reason they didn't seem excited about the game either.I think they may have known they wouldn't win this year (just my opinion).

Marsalous Johnson ran as hard as he has all year, he may have been the only player that seemed pumped.

The rivalry sad to say is dead for now. Once Lavergene won several years ago it died. Prior to that every Lavergne team wanted to be the first to win and every Smyrna team did not want to be the first to lose.

With Siegel next week following Wilson Central and Lavergen it comes down to Smyrna vs Lebanon and Smyrna vs Oakland after that.My worry is can Smyrna turn it back on after pretty much methodically going throught this stretch of games.

Guest region4fan

Congrats on your win at Smyrna, Cat. I just saw some highlights on Channel 5 about 3 min ago. The highlights showed that Lavergne was up on Smyrna at one point?? Tell us more details. How did Harvey, #4, the QB for LHS do?? In our game, he was really slippery. They couldn't score til he was at the QB helm after #7 got roughed up and pulled out.

Can you believe that Lucky guy?? He discovered our secret......that we a re really girls! HAHA

No 7 played virtually the whole game and ran out of the shotgun running a lot of option out of it that gave us some trouble in the first half.

Johnson and Shanon ran great Johnson also had a punt return called back.

Lavergne gor up briefly I believe it was 17 to 14 but Smyrna came right back with a long Johnson run to go back ahead. We recovered a fumble and scored again on the next series to put it away. Smyrna had the ball inside the Lavergnes 10 with inder a minute to go and ran it twice and then downed it to end the game(costing me my 3 TD PREDICTION!)

Amazing your score against Riverdale was virtuall the same as ours. I know it sounds like sor grapes but they are not that good, but somehow they win.

By the way Wolke injured his foot again and hobbled around for about a quarter but seemed to get better after having it retaped. *You heard it here first the coaches say he will not play against Oakland :P

*sarcasm not really true

this was a really great played game.. la vergne played well smyrna just had to much talent for la vergne to hang with them.. good luck to smyrna the rest of the way and definitle good luck to smyrna..

Yes, wolke did get hurt and they retaped his ankle.. he was hobbling on it the rest of the night.. as for getting better i dont know about that.. i think he was just trying to stink it up to try to "help" the team.. i think they should have taken him out before he got hurt worse.. i dont think he'll play a lot this week if he plays at all.. they play siegle so i dont believe an starter will play a lot..

i believe that smyrna- lincoln co at the pit would be a great match.. but thats still in doubt and prety far away... just giving an opinion

Guest region4fan

Haha...................cat you are a scream!! Did he trip over all the dead dogs that were thrown out on the field??

Seriously, you mean that #7 was the QB and not #4?? I knew that Harvey took over the starting spot at halftime of our game , which was game #2. He was the QB for all their 3 wins. Why would they change?? Unless....the coaches pulled a trick and switched jerseys? Harvey ran out of a shotgun against us.

yeah la vergne's QB was # 7 and he was pretty good.. he ran out of shotgun and ran over smyrna in the beginning.. i was also impressed by # 28 AJ jenkins.. he is a relaly good player.. hes only a sophmore.. look for him to turn some heads in the future.. if they did change jerseys that would be pretty funny.. # 7 was left handed and the other QB was right handed..(i think)

Guest region4fan

Balla...........I was sure thinking that Harvey was a leftie. He was quite a scrambler. I was impressed with AJ Jenkins. It was pretty funny that their AJ was constanly being called over the speaker, and our AJ was constantly being called over the speaker. It was the night of the double AJ's! I am really curious about the QB thing.