Cookeville at Antioch

disgustedfan

I agree, when you run the ball 9 out of 10 plays, there is a 90% chance the defense knows what you are going to do. When you play a team you can dominate this may work, but when the game is competitive there has to be variety or don't expect to win. Good luck to Cookeville but adjustments will have to be made by this Friday or you can expect another one in the L column.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for the Cavs to give Antioch all they want this Friday night. It will be a close game and the Cavs are going to need a good effort to win. The Cavs have reached a crossroad for this season and they will need to detemine the direction the season is going to go from here on out. I am 110% behind this team and I know they can make the remainder of this season a success.

GO CAVS !!!!!

When you run up the middle 9 out of 10 plays the defense is well aware and always puts 9 people in the box. On defense the CAVS do not have the beef on the line so the linebackers are usually the first to touch the ball carrier.

The coaching staff is still trying to run the same schemes they did when they had huge linemen. Face the facts-Cookeville is weak on the line, with the exception of a player or two. Change the offense!! Their quarterback is as quick as anybody but they will not turn him loose. Cookeville could lose out the remainder of the season-not because the boys are not working hard but because the coaches will not adapt to their talent.

Antioch will win in a big fashion.....I know C-ville just took one on the chin against Lincoln Co.  Antioch might have better atheletes than LC?  Regardless, Cookeville hasn't seen the kind of speed Antioch has....It will probably get ugly early.  Maybe....Maybe Not....I hope so!!

Where was all that speed and great athletic talent last week against Gallatin, at home?

Were you saving them for Cookeville? I guess that those region games aren't as important as the Cookeville game. :lol:

We might not have the greatest, fastest, or most athletic team, but we'll try to just keep plugging along. :P

Go Cav's!

THOSE COACHES AT COOKVILLE ARE JUST UNBELIEVABLE. LAST YEAR THEY WERE BIGGER THAN LIFE TAKING A TEAM TO THE REGION CHAMPIONSHIP. A REGION CHAMPIONSHIP THAT HAD NOT BEEN ATTAINABLE FOR SEVERAL YEARS. THIS YEAR THEY ARE ......."UNBELIEVABLE"

.........Change the offense!! Their quarterback is as quick as anybody but they will not turn him loose. Cookeville could lose out the remainder of the season-not because the boys are not working hard but because the coaches will not adapt to their talent.

GOSH I WISH PEOPLE WOULD BE CONSISTANT. THIS WORLD IS GOING CRAZY.

SORRY FOR THE SARCASM.......JUST KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN YOU ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE.

addicted-I am a Cookeville grad from the early 80's. I played baseball for the CAVS and went onto play college baseball until I blew out my shoulder my junior year.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way. I tell you I was very impressed with the Falcons. I have never seen a High School team with so much size and speed. I wish we would have tried to get outside a few more times. Your defensive ends were crashing hard and if we could have gotten around them we could have picked up some positive yardage. Even on our option plays our tailback turned it up instead of going outside.

We are in a dilemna at Cookeville. We have a play scheme that never changes. Everybody and I mean everybody knows we are coming up the middle. Now that's okay if you have GIANTS on the line-but we only have one. Even the Falcons with all their size mixed it up and went middle and outside. Our problem is not our boys our problem is a system that never bends and changes. When we play Antioch this Friday-they already know to put 9 in the box and guess what-up the middle we come! We have one of the best fullbacks in the state and when you never mix up the play calling - the defense just waits until he gets the ball up the middle. Not to mention that the Buckner kid is one of the finest young men you will ever meet. If he was at another school you would here much more about him. It is non-teamlike to give any one player any attention in CAV land. As big a school as we have -how many of our football players have gone onto college ranks in the last 7 years? We have had some talent but no organized strategy of promoting our players. When a kid gets a scholarship it fires up the entire community and young kids start to dream that maybe one day I can do that. But the dreams in CAV land are fading!

My scholarship was a fullfillment of a life long dream. Many of these young men only have a dream-it may never come to pass but at least encourage their dreams.

See why I am disgusted!!!

As evidence concerning the lack of promoting the CAV players-last year the Cavs went into the 2nd round of the state playoffs. On that team they had 2 all-state 5A players. One went to Tenn Tech, the other didn't go anywhere, and yet he was all state. He was small but an all state player if helped can get a scholarship somewhere.

Friends told me who were in communication with his parents-their was no help whatsoever from the coaching staff to help him secure a scholarship. What type of system doesn't promote their better players?

The other young man who from all I hear is top notch in every category also had limited offers and his parents were the ones who had to take the lead in securing a scholarship.

Excitment, emotion and dreams drive young men today. And if all those things are frowned upon, you end up 3 and 3 at mid-season with the possibilities of losing out the remainder of the way!

Where was all that speed and great athletic talent last week against Gallatin, at home?

Were you saving them for Cookeville? I guess that those region games aren't as important as the Cookeville game. :ph34r:

We might not have the greatest, fastest, or most athletic team, but we'll try to just keep plugging along. :lol:

Go Cav's!

I understand about your plugging along. I didn't say anything about Antioch's coaches being better than Gallatins. Antioch has one competant coach ( In my opinion ) Atheletically...you'll get manhandled tommorrow night. Cookeville CAN NOT contain Coker. Faster than the speed of light.

Antioch BIG TIME