Best Motivator?

formerQB

Wether it be a pregame speech or just lighting a fire underneath the players, who is the best at getting kids fired up?

Retired DQ from Bruceton Jack Mckee is the best Ive seen. If you dont know him, he would appear to be like a 5'7'', old accountant. But on the field, he was the scariest short old man I've ever seen. If you were not up to par, wether it be practice, JV, or a game, you would be after he got after you.

As for speeches go, Ricky Catlett, former head coach at Chester Co and now assistant at Liberty Tech, that 300lb. man would get so excited during the pregame speech that he wouldnt form words anymore. I still to this day have clue what he said before the games, but it got me up for the game.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Tommy Moffit from Chester County.He could say more with a look and a wiggle of his toothpick in his mouth than most coaches i ever had.He would motivate players on a 1 on 1 basis and tell you straight up if you could do better or if you just got wooped.He was a great coach and a great teacher and was and still is a great man that motivated you thru respect.

I have never played for him but I have seen him work. Richard Moffett --Asst Head coach and Defensive Coordinator for Marshall County is a football mastermind, a great teacher and person, but when that tobacco juice hits your shoe you know you're in trouble. He is a man that can chew his players out in a tone that they appreciate what he is saying and loving him all the time he is chewing them out.

David Pack from CPA has to be in the mix. It seems this man was born to coach high school football. He's really good at saying the right thing to the players at the right time before the game, at halftime, after the game, and at practice during the week. He has a way of getting into the kid's heads to get them to play to their potential and beyond.

I do believe without a doubt that the entire coaching staff at Franklin Co. are the best motivational coaches in Tn. Mantooth, Carson, Carr,Brock, Jennings, Wortman, and last but not least coach Jimmy Moss. Due to there extreme work ethic and determination, for that i believe that they are some of the best coaches around! And i can't forget kevin , because he keeps us healthy and ready to play every week.

Thanks for being such great coaches!

• 2 weeks later...