East Tennessee Top 10 (A and AA)

kingbrian3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way, I can't believe anyone would ever think that Cloudland could compete in 3A and surely not 4A. They couldn't come within 30 points of Maryville or Central. I don't think they could have a .500 record in region 2 3A. Sure they've put up some good number but look who they've played. The teams from TN they've played have a combined record of 11-21. They have no competition up there. I happens every year, they do good and then in the playoffs they run into better teams. I remember the year they made it to state everyone thought they could actually stay in the game with Ezell and ended up losing like 62-17 or something. So to say Cloudland could be number 1 in east Tn if 3A and 4A is counted is just stupid. But I guess we do have to realize it is coming from an Oliver Springs person.

lets get real people. Cloudland is a great team but maryville. Not. As for single a and double a maybe. As far as the playoffs the past two yrs. I attended both cloudlands defeats to ezell and boyd. First of all yes ezell whipped cloudland tail in the state finals two yrs. ago. Half of cloudland star players were in 10 grade. yes the following yr. a very talented boyd team pretty much dominated cloudland on both sides of the ball. Last yr. cloudland had a soft secondary and was one dimensional on offense. Boyd had an excellent passing team and a pretty good run defense. Boyd should have easily won state but they choked...Not to take anything from cpa. An excellent team , but boyd was definately the most talented. Well now this group at cloudland are seniors. All this experence has showed them what they have to do to win a gold trophy....... And from viewing a couple of games of theirs, I do believe the secondary has improved tremendiously from last yr. But most of all I was impressed with their passing ability. I was actually shocked to say the least...All I can say yes cloudland took their whipping the last two yrs., but theys guys are very talented and have experience and are hungry. I also believe through the corrections made on defense and offence they closed the gap by leaps and bounds on the private powerhouses. Can they beat them? Just don't expect the same cloudland team back in the playoffs this yr. Good luck to all who put in the hard work and sweat.... Go Teams...

Cloudland could compete with any AAAA team in East Tennessee. The Highlanders are rolling and putting up some SCARY numbers. Cloudland has already scored 52 points on a 3-3 AAAA Sullivan Central team and 54 on a 3-4 AAAA Cherokee team.

The Highlanders might not have the dpeth most AAAA teams do, but that doesn't negate Cloudland from being discussed on the same level. Maryville is strong this year, but not dominant like in years past. Central has lost to a Macallie team that is thould have beat, so is vulnerable. If Cloudland was in Region 1 AAAA, it would be undefeated and region champs going into the plaoffs as it already has 2 victories over AAAA schools that might make the playoffs int that region.

I stand by my comment on Cloudland. Additionally, the comment on me being an Oliver SPrings person and that somehow nullified any opinion, I find that amusing. Rest assured, I have attended and observed more sporting events in some of the worlds best venues that you will only dream or watch on television.

That coming from an Oliver Springs person.

Cloudland could compete with any AAAA team in East Tennessee. The Highlanders are rolling and putting up some SCARY numbers. Cloudland has already scored 52 points on a 3-3 AAAA Sullivan Central team and 54 on a 3-4 AAAA Cherokee team.

The Highlanders might not have the dpeth most AAAA teams do, but that doesn't negate Cloudland from being discussed on the same level. Maryville is strong this year, but not dominant like in years past. Central has lost to a Macallie team that is thould have beat, so is vulnerable. If Cloudland was in Region 1 AAAA, it would be undefeated and region champs going into the plaoffs as it already has 2 victories over AAAA schools that might make the playoffs int that region.

I stand by my comment on Cloudland. Additionally, the comment on me being an Oliver SPrings person and that somehow nullified any opinion, I find that amusing. Rest assured, I have attended and observed more sporting events in some of the worlds best venues that you will only dream or watch on television.

That coming from an Oliver Springs person.

That's the dumbest remark anyones ever made on this board. Cloudland and Maryville would be like Riverdale and CPA. Cloudland has only played teams so far this year that any of the top 5 1A teams secondary could beat easilly. Cloudland has a very good team but you are living in a fantasy world if you think they could beat Maryville and a lot other 3 and 4A teams. And also 2A teams like Lipscomb and Tyner. They just do not play anyone to compare with the 1A top 6 or 8 teams untill the playoffs.

ChrisBurr you had Coalfield at number three ahead of Wartburg who beat the Yellow Jackets and Greenback who is favored by many to beat Coalfield this week. I'm just guessing you are from there. Yes I am biased but I think Oneida deserves to be mentioned here, maybe a little lower but they are a 5-1 team and the only team to beat a strong Taft team and outgain Coalfield(just couldn't put it in the endzone, credit to Coalfield). And Cloudland couldn't beat Maryville.

The dumbest remark on this board? I admit there are some less than intelligent remarks on this board, but what do you expect considering the audience and their obvious handicaps. Maybe I can get a wrench for your training wheels?

You mentioned the top 10 teams in single A second team's could beat the AAAA teams that Cloudland has already beat. Cherokeee and Sullivan Central are 2 playoff teams in AAAA most likely and are not programs in shambles. Cloudland scored 50 plus points. As I said, Cloudland would win Region 1 AAAA and be 10-0 in AAAA in upper East Tennessee.

You mention SIngle A teams can't compete with the top AAA programs or teams like TYNER. That is flat out the dumbest comment. I guess you don't remember a single A Boyd Buchanon team that scored 60 plus points on a strong AAAA Rhea County team and the following year beat up on the Rhea Again. Cloudland is considerably better than that Boyd Buchanon team.

I'm not saying Cloudland would win, but they certainly can compete with any AAAA or AAA program in East Tennessee. If Alcoa can somewhat hang with Maryville, then Cloudland would go toe to toe with the Rebels.

The dumbest remark on this board? I admit there are some less than intelligent remarks on this board, but what do you expect considering the audience and their obvious handicaps. Maybe I can get a wrench for your training wheels?

You mentioned the top 10 teams in single A second team's could beat the AAAA teams that Cloudland has already beat. Cherokeee and Sullivan Central are 2 playoff teams in AAAA most likely and are not programs in shambles. Cloudland scored 50 plus points. As I said, Cloudland would win Region 1 AAAA and be 10-0 in AAAA in upper East Tennessee.

You mention SIngle A teams can't compete with the top AAA programs or teams like TYNER. That is flat out the dumbest comment. I guess you don't remember a single A Boyd Buchanon team that scored 60 plus points on a strong AAAA Rhea County team and the following year beat up on the Rhea Again. Cloudland is considerably better than that Boyd Buchanon team.

I'm not saying Cloudland would win, but they certainly can compete with any AAAA or AAA program in East Tennessee. If Alcoa can somewhat hang with Maryville, then Cloudland would go toe to toe with the Rebels.

Why did Boyd drop Tyner? If you think Boyd can beat Maryville you are bad off also. As for these so called top teams Cherokee is ranked about 38 or so they could not hang with any of the top 1A teams. Wait and see you don't have to take my word for it . Time will prove it . If you want to place a bet on Cloudland or Boyd to win the state. Name your wager. Playoff teams don't mean nothing. There will be teams in the playoffs that a lot of junior high teams could beat.