morristown east vs. cherokee

eastTNftball

morristown east won 43-12 over the cheifs in a non close game, cherokee was never really in this game. the hurricanes d-fense did a great job of stepping up after the lose to the trojans last week. and the offense had a great outing as well, with carvez francsico going over a 1000 yards rushing for the season. let me know what you thought about the canes

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning like that isn't that impressive because the Chiefs are terrible, but it was a good rebound game for East.

So bigdaddy69 since you are a West fan with that logic then you're saying that the only good teams the Trojans have or will play this season they lost to. So the Trojans have beaten no good teams and therefore have not been very impressive. The Chiefs have beaten Volunteer, and Crockett, and lost to Greenville in the same fashion that they lost to East so that too was unimpressive, which by that logic makes Greenville not very good.

And don't try to tell me that you think Swain Co. was a great team. They must have been playing on their reputation of past years, because I was there and they would be middle of the pack in the IMAC at best. At least East did give West a good game for a half Swain Co. was never in it.

Good win over a average team in Cherokee. I felt east played well on both sides of the ball. Some people have been saying that the game would have been different if Chris West would have played but I still feel East would have won easily. How do you guys think East will fare the rest of the season. I hope they can win the final 3 and get a home game in the playoffs. They key to winning the final three is to keep playing great defense and continue to be balanced on offense. Francisco has already eclipsed 1000 yards rushing and Palazzola is only 20 yards short of 1000 passing. Good luck Canes

Well I haven't lived in Morristown long enough to to have any kind of bad feeling against West, and except for the East game I actually hope they win. In my opinion it would be good to see both finish 1-2 and have playoff games. They could possibly meet again in the playoffs.

I'm sure that Cherokee's players practice hard and their parents are proud of them, and they have won 3 or 4 games so they are not terrible, so credit should be given to the Cane's and their coaching staff for a solid performance against a good team on the road which is never easy, and especially to be mentally prepared to play after an emotionally tough loss to West.

If the Cane's keep the turnovers to a minimum and avoid injuries they could win out because they are pretty good in most facets of the game. The defense has been pretty solid all year and the offense can beat you running or passing, as their rushing and passing numbers are pretty even, coach Smith mixes up play selection very well, and the kicking game has been solid. It was also good to see a game with less than 100 yards in penalties for a change.

I didn't mean anything bad about East with my comment. I think they have a fine team. As for West's schedule, I think they have played better in their losses than in some of their wins (excluding the East and Crockett wins in which they played their best offensive games of the year). The offensive production might not have been there early, but it's coming around at the right time.

As for the IMAC, I feel like West and East will both win out and finish first and second. With the Region 1-4A being so down this season, there is a chance East and West could meet in the playoffs.

KevB, I totally agree. Last year Burke Toney was unplayable at the end of the year and dangerous for the kids. The last few games were like playing the mud bowl. I think the West playoff game had to be moved because of the field conditions. There are just too many games played on that field for it to hold up under any conditions, and this year it is in better shape because it has been relatively dry on game nights.

I hope both West and East win out and somehow get to play again in the playoffs. It would be a tall task for East but in all my years of being involved in high school sports I gave never been to a game with the atmosphere of an East West battle. At this Years game there was noplace to sit or stand and I don't know how many people Burke Toney holds, but it is not a small high school stadium. Half of Morristown must have been at that game, so you could only imagine what it would be like if it were a playoff game.

i totally agree about the new stadium. poor west has never had their own field, i lived in morristownn for 3 years and i could never (as weird as this may sound) leave one game to see the other (i was a fan of both h/s as weird as that may sound-hard to explain) i hated it. and i mean west is a good team they deserve their own field, east is good too not trying to segregate haha but they definately need a field of their own

the east-west game is the most important game in morristown not just half but atleast 3/4 of morristown is at that game every year. Its the best rivalry of any 2 high schools. its tradition.

no suprise about the east-cheroke game, east is really good this year.

Edited by krnsftblfan30