Is MBA the best team in state?

BigOrange 3

MBA is by far the best team in the state. I hate the political correctness in trying to make everybody happy in saying they are just the best team in DII. If any of you think you have a team that can come close to this MBA team, don't kid yourselves. If you want to see a battle of Titans, watch the MBA vs. BA game at the end of the month on Comcast. As a BA fan, who has gone to see MBA play several times this season, I can say I am humbled.

As for the MBA fans on this board, please remember they are class folks who will talk your school up as though you have a chance to make you feel good about your school. In their hearts, they know what the outcome would be if there was a meeting. It would not be pretty, and MBA would be the victor. It is almost as if you are humoring them(MBA fans).

Guys...don't kid yourselves on thinking your school could play to the caliber of beating MBA. It would not happen. As for any outlandish scores, MBA intentionally does not run them up in the name of sportsmanship. The score can be what they want it to be if they played their 1st team the whole game.

I am a realist.

Enough said..... :D

Edited by Brandon100

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have you been hiding, Brandon? You've been in relative hibernation for much of the year.

I appreciate your compliments, B100, but I will also warn any MBA fans out there that this is no time to be cocky. MUS comes into town this Friday - they are the only Super 7 team with a non-losing record (4-4, including 4-2 in the regular season) versus MBA. They love playing MBA and will be tough to beat, even if they are 4-4 and were crushed by BA. As for BA, that will be a very difficult game. I'd say MBA would be a slight underdog in that game. Take away the fumblefest versus CBHS and BA has been absolutely dominant this year. Their backfield is deep and tough. And then there are one or two playoff games for MBA, likely against one, or possibly two, teams looking for revenge.

MBA is good this year - I will not sandbag - but it will be extremely difficult for the Big Red to go undefeated. If they stay focused, one game at a time, and play their game and forget the national rankings, they have a chance, but it's a long road to hoe from here.

Edited by rollredroll

Hi Roll Red Roll......Just a little psychology on my part for your MBA players leading up to the MBA-BA game in a couple of Fridays. It would be great if the MBA players came in over confident. :D Actually, work has kept me very busy. I have been coming on every now and then as a lurker, but the political correctness of what I read on this thread was making me nauseated. As always, I had to throw in my two cents worth and get folks back to reality. I hate "candy coating" issues. I know I can be obnoxious when I believe in something, but I believe you have to take a stand when people are blowing lots of hot air about things they really don't understand, which is the top Super 7 teams. Publics might have 1 or 2 teams every 5 years that can compete with the top 2-3 Super 7 teams, but that is about it. No niceness about it. It amazes me that folks really believe "Cupcake High" can really play against the top of the Super 7. These folks really have no inkling of good high school football. I can appreciate that folks may have their favorite teams, but they have to understand these teams do not play the caliber of ball you see in the top of the Super 7. Ask previously nationally ranked Louisville Trinity, who just bumped off the top team in KY, undefeated St. Xavier. I hate hearing on this board how DII teams might be able to play with the DI large school "big boys". Here is the thing folks......DII is the big boys and don't kid yourselves. Public school football as a whole has deteriorated and weakened in TN since the split. Privates have gotten better and public schools have weakened. That is why we dominate throughout every year when we play each other. I remember public schools doing much better against private schools when we were all together. Marion Co, Alcoa, ,Cleveland,Maryville, Marshall Co,Austin East, Smyrna, etc all have wins against BA. Don't think that BA must be bad to lose to some of these schools, because the years they beat BA, many of these schools had several "Sunday Players" on the same team, and would smoke any of the present day so called large school "big boys". 4A is the best DI has to offer, not 5A. 8 state championships...what a joke. I guess it is part of the political correctness of making everyone be a winner. I'll take the top Super 7 teams any day of the week. Thank you for recognizing my absence! :lol:

Edited by Brandon100

One more thing MBA....don't get cocky. You will blow a great thing. My senior season at BA(1983), we were 53-1 with a high national rating as a senior team, and 3 straight State Championships going in against an average 9-3 MUS squad in the playoffs. We had more press clippings than any team I have ever seen, including any of the most recent BA teams. We had huge press write ups every week in the paper. We had talent out the ears.....Penn State, Florida State, UT, Vandy, Ga Tech players among more, and we lost. The score was 6-0. We thought we were invinceable. Again....don't get cocky. Take each game one at a time. I do hope my Eagles beat you though..... :lol:

I say that MBA is one of the best teams but not the best. I say that CPA is the best team. But MBA puts up a good fight for it.

Cpa are you crazy?!? In there division maybe. But if they played teams like MBA and Brentwood High and BA they would get beat like a drum. Even though they have one of the best coaches in the state they are not at the tallent level to compete with these types of schools. I would like to see all the state champ teams get put in a state champ tourney. Like seed them according to division and play out the games and see who wins. That would be really exciting. It would and will never happen though.

Edited by Drewski07

MBA is by far the best team in the state. I hate the political correctness

Enough said..... :lol:

You can't prove they are the best in the state...only the best in their classification.

Too bad about what you hate...get over it. Besides, being the gentleman product you are coming from BA, you shouldn't have any "hate" in you. It is not a very attractive emotion.

And you ended that post with "Enough said." Then, you immediately follow up with two more lengthy posts. Make up your mind...keeping in mind that nobody is impressed with your verbosity.

Hi Roll Red Roll......Just a little psychology on my part for your MBA players leading up to the MBA-BA game in a couple of Fridays. It would be great if the MBA players came in over confident. :D Actually, work has kept me very busy. I have been coming on every now and then as a lurker, but the political correctness of what I read on this thread was making me nauseated. As always, I had to throw in my two cents worth and get folks back to reality. I hate "candy coating" issues. I know I can be obnoxious when I believe in something, but I believe you have to take a stand when people are blowing lots of hot air about things they really don't understand, which is the top Super 7 teams. Publics might have 1 or 2 teams every 5 years that can compete with the top 2-3 Super 7 teams, but that is about it. No niceness about it. It amazes me that folks really believe "Cupcake High" can really play against the top of the Super 7. These folks really have no inkling of good high school football. I can appreciate that folks may have their favorite teams, but they have to understand these teams do not play the caliber of ball you see in the top of the Super 7. Ask previously nationally ranked Louisville Trinity, who just bumped off the top team in KY, undefeated St. Xavier. I hate hearing on this board how DII teams might be able to play with the DI large school "big boys". Here is the thing folks......DII is the big boys and don't kid yourselves. Public school football as a whole has deteriorated and weakened in TN since the split. Privates have gotten better and public schools have weakened. That is why we dominate throughout every year when we play each other. I remember public schools doing much better against private schools when we were all together. Marion Co, Alcoa, ,Cleveland,Maryville, Marshall Co,Austin East, Smyrna, etc all have wins against BA. Don't think that BA must be bad to lose to some of these schools, because the years they beat BA, many of these schools had several "Sunday Players" on the same team, and would smoke any of the present day so called large school "big boys". 4A is the best DI has to offer, not 5A. 8 state championships...what a joke. I guess it is part of the political correctness of making everyone be a winner. I'll take the top Super 7 teams any day of the week. Thank you for recognizing my absence! B)

:lol::DB) . To hear you talk, MBA or BA could beat the Titans this Sunday. I am hear to tell you that there are some public schools that could beat you guys and for you to say that's not possible this year is crazy. I won't deny the fact that MBA or BA have an excellent team, because they have so much depth, but they can be beaten any Friday night.

I"ll use my team as an example. Yeah, BA has beaten Milan a few times over the years but we have also beaten BA, MUS, Maryville, etc. when it was our year. Don't underestimate anyone and that includes the public schools.

MBA is by far the best team in the state.  I hate the political correctness

Enough said..... :lol:

You can't prove they are the best in the state...only the best in their classification.

Too bad about what you hate...get over it. Besides, being the gentleman product you are coming from BA, you shouldn't have any "hate" in you. It is not a very attractive emotion.

And you ended that post with "Enough said." Then, you immediately follow up with two more lengthy posts. Make up your mind...keeping in mind that nobody is impressed with your verbosity.

Actually.....BA's motto is Vivat Veritas....."Let Truth Prevail"......and I am speaking the truth. The word that I used (hate) is actually a word I used to describe annoyance. I am "annoyed" at political correctness.

I noticed you were from Milan. The best team I ever saw Milan have was the 1986 team..... John Fischer, Earnest Fields, George Kidd(or his brother) among others. You know that there is no way you can say Milan is as good as they once were. I have seen you guys have some wonderful teams over the years, but your talent and ability does not rival teams in the past. BA and Milan have a long, storied history.......going back to your best coach ever telling the Milan players in the late 1970's that BA would not let minority players dress in the dressing room. In turn, Milan beat BA pretty good, as the minority kids got real emotional. BA found out about this story later, and that is why BA always puts a spanking on Milan whenever they could while that legendary coach was there. This is a well known story if you are a Milan or BA fan. You can check it with the players from that era.

Edited by Brandon100

The Milan team you were referring to is the 1981 Milan team with Jeff Smith, who went to UT. Speaking of "Smith" wasn't there a Smith who played on that 1986 team that started on the Offensive line at UT? Larry Smith, I think?

In a nutshell, schools like Marion County,Milan, Alcoa, Marshall County, Austin East, etc. do not have any business playing "Cupcake High" in these 3A and below classifications. Reclassification has hurt these programs tremendously. These were once teams that contended with BA and won, even when BA had wonderful teams, many nationally ranked. I would put these programs in the 1980's- early 1990's against any of the 5A "big boys" of today, and my money would be on the above teams coming out the victor.

8 state champs is the politically correct way of letting everyone feel good about themselves.

As a Milan player and alumni, do you really think the Milan teams of today could have even come close to the Milan teams of old? I think not.

Reclassification has hurt the quality of football played in these schools. They now have to contend with "cupcake high". 3A and 2A is pretty obscure football. You have no where near the competition of the past. In retrospect, every game in the Super 7 is a potential loss when the private schools take the field. If you have not gone to see a BA vs. MBA game, it is something to behold. BA drums MBA last year by 30 points in the regular season, then MBA drums BA bad in the state championship to where it was embarrasing. The competition in the Super 7 has made these programs even better. The Super 7 has no "cupcake high" to contend with.

Edited by Brandon100

Guest warriorpride12

I dont know if they are the best in the state but they are one of the best. The best team in state could be DCA but MBA puts up a good fight too. MBA is a good team but we will have to wait till the end of the year to say.