WHY DID LEWIS CO. DROP THE PC VIKINGS

TRICK

Guest viking_te

one more thing, wheather or not you like what i say you have to admit that this statement has some presedence.

Fans and players of Perry County make more excuses than George Bush at a UN Meeting!

If it isn't our 4 coaches in the last 4 years, or

the region Perry county plays in, or

Basketball gets all the money and support.....(how much did it cost for the new uni's and the fieldhouse and the field being fixed?)

If if's and but's were candy and nuts, every day would be a Merry Christmas!

Sometimes you have to deal with the hand that god dealt you!

No one wants lung cancer, but people do get it; My point is........ SO WHAT, you have all these things in your way (way more than I mentioned) and FANS/PLAYERS/COACHES you cry, cry, cry

Call it adversity, or gods will to make it difficult but quit making excuses please!!!!

Taking in the wide scope of things in the world today, we could ALL (including myself) have better things to do for ourselves and our families, than sit and make excuses for PC football!

So from now on when Perry County Football takes one on the chin...(this will happen alot) move on, practice harder, run more, lift harder, become a team, not a group of individuals (ex.Rainey or Hickman). Maybe the team should hire a Chaplain like the Titans have to get divine help, but PLEASE quit crying and making excuses!

GregC are you listening brotha`???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with gregc... you guys that are from pc and bashing them, thats sorry!!!!

i went to one pc game this year and they are a lot better than the past teams of pc any year.

they play with a lot of heart. you have to when your always underdogs.

the game i went to had a lot of fans out rooting for the team.

anyone who says pc plays a soft schedule has no clue about football.

you guys that are bashing them for getting beat by private schools........ how many times did your team beat them uhhh none.

this pc team could compete in district 6a with maybe only wc cwood and mp beating them.

from what i can tell they are 3 -1 against public schools losing only to west carrol the game the game that i was at. they probably could have won that one.

am i right gregc?

Well thank goodness I am not from Perry County. Perry County's complete schedule isn't soft. They do play USJ, Fayette, JCS, and Trinity in conference. But how good is Trinity, not all that good. But Perry County talks about them like they are the Titans, just because they beat PC doesn't make them good. Adamsville is not completely horrible and West Carroll is gonna finish first or second in their region, although any team out of Region 8 is weak. Perry County has lost or will lose to all of those teams. The other 4 teams on their schedule are absolutely horrible. Greenfield, Cornersville, Middleton, and Gleason have combined to win 4 games. Thats only because Greenfield is in a region with teams that are worse than them and Middleton plays Lighthouse which if I am not mistaken doesn't even have Juniors or Seniors yet, and even if they do they are terrible. They have only scored 25 points in 8 games this year, thats a little over 3 a game. I will give them credit though, they play a much harder schedule that PC does. Even if they do get hammered every week. And about this private school thing. What is the difference between private and public schools if the private school doesn't recruit, which is the case with at least half of the private schools in region 7. USJ probably recruits and I think JCS does in basketball, but Fayette and Trinity don't. So why does everybody whine about having to play them. These private schools are not exactly like Christian Brothers and Montgomery Bell.

the fans of pc get one jerk kicked off, therealgaybob or something like that, just to add two more.

you guys are not giving pc any of the credit they deserve.

they went from 2-9 the last two years to probably 5-5 this season.

to all you math wizzes

that is an improvement!!

next year, and you can quote this, they will give that region a run for first.

i think they start 9 juniors and i believe a sophmore and freshmen alternate at the tailback position.

to all you math wizzes,

that is 10 returning starters.

if i am wrong please correct me.

rice is a great coach and all he needs is time and a qb that can run the option.

The linemen up front is all that is slowing the improvement this year.

i have not read anyone ever brag that pc is awesome.

but they do know that they will be in time!!!!!

i have kept up with the pc vikings since they started because they are close by and i think would be an awesome rivalry with wayne co. and then they got coach rice which makes them even better to watch. this team has been one of the best to watch so far, althought they had a qb a couple years ago that was fun to watch, they have really never had a player that takes charge and stands out above the rest. and next years team will probably be the best pc has had so far in the short history.

then you guys will jump on the band wagon and say, i knew they could do it.

i agree with gregc... you guys that are from pc and bashing them, thats sorry!!!!

i went to one pc game this year and they are a lot better than the past teams of pc any year.

they play with a lot of heart. you have to when your always underdogs.

the game i went to had a lot of fans out rooting for the team.

anyone who says pc plays a soft schedule has no clue about football.

you guys that are bashing them for getting beat by private schools........ how many times did your team beat them uhhh none.

this pc team could compete in district 6a with maybe only wc cwood and mp beating them.

from what i can tell they are 3 -1 against public schools losing only to west carrol the game the game that i was at. they probably could have won that one.

am i right gregc?

West Carroll was good. But I think Perry County was down from the loss the week before to Trinity. That dug a deep hole in the region, pretty much insurmountable. I don't know if they could have beaten West Carroll or not, but they could have played better. The potential was there. 35-to 26 is not bad. WC scored 40 on JCS & 36 on us. JCS scored 56 on WC, and 28 on us.

Perry County may have had an improvement in record(two years ago=2-8,last year=2-9, this year=probably 4-6,may beat adamsville)but they aren't any better. Last year they went to playoffs because their two wins were in the region. This year they are gonna finish 1-4 in the region and be sitting at home come playoff time. Overall record means nothing unless you are winning games in the conference and get involved in a 3-way tie. The last two years PC has been playing McEwen, Chester County, Hickman County, Lewis County, and Adamsville. Those teams went 51-57 in '01 and '02, not great but alot better that the probable 17-36 record of teams they play this year. This year the Vikings line up against Greenfield, Cornersville, Gleason, West Carroll, and Adamsville outside of conference. I know 17-36 doesn't look all that bad, but West Carroll and Greenfield account for 12 of those wins and they aren't 7-3 and 5-5 teams respectively. They both play in one of the weakest if not the weakest region in the state of Tennessee. Both of those teams would win one game in Region 7 against Middleton. I think the record gives Perry Co. fans a false sense of improvements, but they are just not playing as good of teams. It doesn't matter how many games you win, just who you beat. You could go 5-5 and finish last in the region. Last year PC was 2-9 (2-3 in Region and went to playoffs). This year they will finish 4-6 maybe 5-5(1-4 in Region with no playoffs). Which would you rather have?

I'd think I'd feel better about losing to West Carroll by 9, than taking my usual kicking from Hohenwald by 40 every year. There is something to be said for building confidence. We could have beaten West Carroll, Trinity, or even JCS if we had played better.

(Before you get on here and tell me what an idiot I am for saying we could have beaten JCS, let me say this. The four scores by JCS were either on long plays with some missed tackles, or one punt return, again with some missed tackles. We were about four tackles away from having a 0-0 tie. They did not run all over us. They are a very good team, but we could have possibly pulled it out with better play on our side, and I know we are capable of playing better.)

We will not beat Hohenwald anytime soon barring any dramatic drop off in the talent level in Lewis County. I don't see that happening any time soon. They have had good teams almost every year since I went to school there in the late 70's-early 80's.

Edited by coacht