WHY DID LEWIS CO. DROP THE PC VIKINGS

TRICK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC has the tendency to drop teams that are going to improve within the next couple of years....

Mt. Pleasant, Lawerence Co., Perry Co.

They'll pick up teams that aren't up to par, like Hickman Co.

YOU KNOW LEWIS CO. HAS TO KEEP THAT PERFECT RECORD UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS!

I agree WOODROW, Lewis Co. has the tendency to drop the up and coming teams such as Perry Co. There is no doubt in my mind PC could soundly defeat LC at either stadium. Sure they are 7-0 but who can't beat Hickman,Giles or Wayne Co. I believe LC will be eliminated in round one of the playoffs due to playing weaker teams all saeson and not playing the stronger teams like PC and Mt.Pleasant.

Ok...that is just stupid for you people to say crap like this about LC. We would annihalate Perry County......I am a fan of Perry County football, not near as much as Lewis County but it is simply pointless for us to play you.....and I think you dropped us. Its not helping us by playing 1-A teams. And we play only easy teams......any team we play with maybe the exception of Richland could wipe the floor with Perry County.....Especially Cheatham and Westmoreland. And I assure you we will do good in the playoffs....don't talk crap if you know nothing about the team your makin fun of....please?? Good Luck to Perry County for the rest of the season. GO PANTHERS!!

It makes me sick to see you guys saying this when you have sub par records and you're talking trash to the number 3 2-A team in the state. Ask anybody about the schedules. 90% of the teams that we don't play anymore dropped us because it was the same outcome every year. We drop you're mediocre teams and pick up teams like Westmoreland and Cheatham County and all of the sudden we're scared? You couldn't hang with those teams. Perry County vs. Cheatham County. I bet that would be a real battle.Ya'll would be lucky to walk off the field at the end of the game. Wise up guys.

Well Lewis Co didn't drop dern Perry Co, the contract between the two teams ran out and why would we want to renew it? Our non region schedule this year might consist of Hickman Co and Wayne Co but we also picked up Westmoreland and Giles Co. Westmoreland played us great and really helped us and Giles Co has been good in the past, we didn't know they were going to have a down year this year. There aren't that many good teams that we don't play within two hours of Lewis Co. We might not play the toughest non region opponents but we certainly did not drop Perry Co. :lol:

I don't know who started this, but I'll say this.

Yes, Perry County dropped Lewis when the contract ran out. We dropped Hickman Co, Chester Co, and McEwen as well. I don't know why we dropped McEwen( Rice is from there, we play them JV and middle school), the other 3 are much larger schools that I don't think we are capable of competing with on a year in year out basis, yet.

We are appreciative of all the help that Lewis County has given us in the early years of our football program. I know we have borrowed helmets, etc. to help us get off the ground. Before we started the football team here, a lot of Perry County folks supported the Panthers through the years. I remember there used to be a contest in the paper down here during football season (picking a list of games for some sort of prize) and Lewis County's game that week was always on the list with all the college games.

And, believe it or not, I am originally from Hohenwald. I would have never dreamed that I would be rooting for Perry Co. in anything, especially after some of the thrashings we used to get in Basketball.

Good luck, Panthers. Hope you win it all this year. Sounds like a good possibility from down here on the river.

I have inside info that Lewis Co did indeed drop PC. And I am in fact glad because I got so tired of seeing those big ol strong Vikings whip up on the helpless panthers. There was this one game where it was a real close game (sometime early in the 1st QT) and those Vikings were hitting on the little LC boys and I personally saw a tear come out of Coach Sharps' eyes because of fear. And then it happened........ I can't go on it's too disturbing. I for one am glad the suffering is over. Now I can't understand why LC picked back up those bullies from Hickman Co. Come on coach sharp spare our kids the pain!