Mt. Juliet vs. NW

utdontplay

This Thursday, the Mt. Juliet Bears host Clarksville-NW in a game that very well could decide which of these two make the playoffs. NW is coming into this game with a two game losing streak while the Bears have come in winning their last two. Its almost certain that White House is going to win the region, but from second place on its anybodys race. The Bears come in with a 3-1 record in the region while the Vikings have a 2-2 record. The winner of this game will probably be gauranteed a spot in the playoffs while the loser is all but eliminated barring a miracle. With a win this week, the Bears can improve their record to 4-1 with two games remaining. A loss would put them at 3-2 with two tough teams left in Stratford and NE. What are anybody's prediction in this region. What are your predictions on this game and do you think the winner will be around when the playoffs come around?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think thursday Mt. J vs NW game will be exciting. Watching Mt. J on film they do alot of offensive formations to open the passing game. I am impressed with the running back and #14 on offense. #44 is a huge LB and the defense has been stingy in the past 3 games. #5 is a good DB that is fast and moves well. This game will be won on the line, Defense and offensive fronts. NW finally is a bit healthier than last week. Hey, PC, if they remain healthy, will win the next 3 winning the region with an upset by NW over WH next week or an upset by WC over WH this week. Stratford will remain #1 if they do not lose another game. #3 and 4 will be settled next week. See you in 2 days and good luck to all region teams this week. :D

This is going to be the biggest game for MJ in the last 3 years. There is excitement surrounding the Bears again after being the doormat in 5A the last two years. It's going to be interesting to see how MJ reacts to the "pressure" of the game that will do all but end playoff hopes with a loss. Despite it being a Thursday night game, there should be an electric atmosphere at Elzie Patton (as long as students are back from their intercession breaks from year-round school). None of the players on the MJ roster have any big game experience from the 2000 season when they made the playoffs, so we'll see how the Bears react to the big game intensity. Also, watch for Levi Brown and his connection B.B. Bruce.

Man, I did not under estimate WH, and I will not under estimate Mt. J this week. I have a lot of friend from Mt. Juliet and I am tired of hearing how good they are. Look, NW is obviously not that good due to two straight loses. Count us out, stick a fork in us, we are bowl bound, and happy with a winning season. However, growing humble over the lose to the best team I have seen in years, Pearl Cohn full and healthy, I think a win might spark the team that went 5-0. Can we get there, Thursday is payday or we have to pay a debt. I am not overlooking anyone, We are in a tough region. See WH fans this week at the Creek. Come support the Mt. J team and help the gate, the more they make and the more people there will create an atmosphere like the playoffs. Experience both teams need. :huh: So round up all your brothers and sisters and girlfriends and parents and politicians and come support football on Thursday. B) If you don't show up stay off these post. B) If you support your pride then just show up to the game and let these athletes enjoy the moment. See you all there. :D

I agree with you coachcris, everybody should come out to this game and support the athletes of both teams. I can guarantee you that MJ will not be overlooking NW after their two sraight loses. I think this game might come down to whoever has possession of the ball last. I hope the atmoshere will be like a playoff game.