Carter vs Powell

qbsdad

Well where to start.The Carter players played their hearts out in this and deserved a better ending.But as they say Rome wasn't built in a day.Someone posted on here not long ago that they agreed with the coaches decision to go for 2 at Morristown East.Now I must appologize to those who disagreed with me you were right and evidently our coaches agreed with you also because in the same situation with our playoff lives on the line we changed our decision and elected to go for the tie(which if you don't know we missed badly)and turn it over to a defense that hadn't stopped Powell at all in the second half.The offense almost bailed us out but not quiet(a fade into the short side of the field with a safety over top cmon your QB is good he don't have to lob it let him throw it like he had all night)but offensively we played plenty good enough to win and up until that point we had found the middle of the field (over 300 yds of offense again and another L)Its the little things that's holding us back,at the end of the half we have 3 TOs left Powell is punting with 50 seconds to go why not use 1 a bad snap weve got time try for the block what have we got to lose.And the 2 wasted Timeouts early in the 3rd(one on defense, Powell scored the next play,and the other to kick extra point if you can make it from 3 you can make from the 8 this is something you get straight in practice take the delay of game Timeouts are gold in close games)Well like Ive said before its easy to coach from the stands but from where I'm sitting it looks like the players are ready to win but its the little things that are holding us back and that starts with the staff.Big props need to go out to #11 #8 #12 you guys layed it on the line keep your heads up.#12 I hope your ankle is OK.As said earlier the girls kisses are sweeter with a win at homecoming.Lets get the little things right and we will win the last 2.GO HORNETS!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for looking out for us, but we don't need any sympathy. Our kids are devastated losing a close game like that. If you look at our results we were in all of our games. No one has just killed us like in years past. The thing is our coaches are having to teach our kids how to win, which ain't easy. We aren't in the playoffs or didn't have the kind of season we were hoping for, but Coach Woods and his staff will keep busting their hump, and Carter will be back for another go next year. WE'RE NOT BACKING DOWN FROM ANYBODY. BRING YOUR "A" GAME OR DON'T COME!

I really thought that the Hornets were a lock for a playoff berth at the beginning of the year. Nice athletes, good support and a taste of the playoffs last year. I thought that they would have represented themselves and the region well in the dance. The coaches have to change the mindset at Carter. I, for one, am not sure how I would do that. I guess they are going to have to have a big time win against a Central or Maryville to believe. Good luck in the remaining games.

The thing I like about the direction of this program is that these guys don't quit we have played from behind all year(see kicking and field position problems).In the recent past a 7-0 deficit meant a lopsided loss but this team keeps coming and were 2 points and decent 4th quarter(vs West)from being 5-3(if ifs and buts were candy and nuts what a wonderful world it would be)This team is bringing back some players next year that will find the little it takes to win.GO HORNETS!

You were in the game with Maryville 28-7. And how about Central 28-0?

The Maryville game was tied at 7, the Maryville fans were in shock. If we could execute the score would have been closer.

Central was 28-0, it was closer than it appears. I mean turnovers hurt us inside Scoring territory.

Central: 6-46

Maryville: 0-35