Knoxville area top 5

DIsh08

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks football fan.he is wrong, saying the zachster was only playing because of his dad. see if fulton would like to scrimmage in the spring.

I've got to weigh in on this one because i have seen it too many times this year. Helton can play, period. I saw him as a freshman last year and he did a really good job. The natural assumption when a kid's Dad is head coach he gets it handed to him but I don't think this is the case with Helton. He can play and a kid should not be penalized because his dad is coach. The bottom line is the won/loss record of Central with him as starter. If someone can post that it should put an end to this stuff.

AusDan I don't think anyone will argue about Catholic being the best basketball team in K-Town after they beat every team in Knoxville that they face. Btw, could you tell me the Knoxville teams on your schedule?

P.S. Catholic basketball could be state champs this year. The only b-ball team in D II I see being a problem is Brentwood Academy, who probably has the most returning talent of any state champ from last year.

1. AE- they've already beat two of the better teams in 3A, they are extremely talented.

2. Maryville/ Central- we'll find out Friday

3. Maryville/ Central- we'll find out Friday

4. Catholic- runs the ball very well, one of the best teams in DII in my opinion

5. Oak Ridge- already a good team, they're very good when Booker's healthy

i dont see how you can put AE before Central or Maryville. im not sure what the maryville ae scrimage was but the central ae scrimage was like 6 tds to 2. and ae scored on there very last play with varsity. central beat them to death. and i dont if ae is number one in AAA. maryville is number 1 in AAAA. in my opinion AAAA is alot tuffer then AAA.

well im glad i could be the origin of a good conversation but i was just messin around about zach. once again, good conversation started, mission accomplished.

and about the difference between 3A or 4A or 33A. All that is school population as far as i understand. could be wrong. shouldnt the better team be determined by......well..... the better team? now i understand if you were saying that 4A has a reputation of being tougher. thats cool. but not if youre saying that 4A is better just because it has a higher number before the A.

and to pepvol: i live in knoxville and ive got a lot of respect for maryville. its a tough bunch of guys with great coaches. they were number one on my list as i posted earlier.

3A, 4A, 5A, it doesn't matter. You have to give props where props are due. In my opinion, if AE would play Central in a real game, it would be an excellent game. Early season scrimmages are just trying to map the early pieces together. I'm not going to say that Central didn't whoop AE in that scrimmage but you have to realize, both coaches were looking to see what they have.

Now the Maryville scrimmage; Yeah AE won this by 1 TD.

But like Craig said, "It doesn't matter if you're in those higher classes. If AE had more students, they would be playing the likes of Maryville, Central, Motown West." If you don't know by now, AE don't bow down to anyone. They ain't never scared. Think back 2 years ago when they went to NC and got busted by Independence High School 77-13. Why won't Maryville play a team like that? Come on now!

I gotta agree with KevB. Maryville is #1 until they lose. Central may win Friday, not sure. But I thought you were right on as of right now. Anyone who would list Catholic over Central either plays for Catholic or is dreaming. The game would not be close. I will give Catholic a lot of credit. They are playing well and the win over BGA was big. I have been pulling for the Irish this year and I hope they win state.

dreaming? maybe u dont remember central getting beat by McCallie (a private school) 30-7 just because catholic is a private school doesnt me they cant play they played bga and scored the same amount mba(ranked 13th in the country) scored against them and only gave up four more oh ya mba beat McCallie 38-9 so give the private schools respect (well maybe not webb)

1.maryville

2.ae

3.CATHOLIC

4.oak ridge

5.central

I give the private schools a lot of props. I think MBA and CBHS are the 2 best teams in the state, any classification.

I have been rooting for Catholic all year. I hope they win out. I helped coach a team that a couple of the Catholic players played on in grass cutters.

But as far as them beating Central, not a chance. They are not big nor fast enough to play with the Cats. I saw them at Neyland in the Jamboree and they do some nice things. I think they would score some on Central, but I don't think they could stop Central on O.

McCallie was huge. Lots of big strong, discplined players. That game showed Central what they had to work on, and hopefully they have done that.

These teams won't play this year, so we won't really know. Like I said, I'm pulling for the Irish to win out. I think its great what they have done this year.