Predictions ? Region 3 5A

Gee

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Coffee County beats Sweetwater and Warren County they'll finish 7-3 on the season and 3-2 in Region 3-5A.

If Franklin County loses to Cookeville, the Franklin County and Cookeville will both also have records of 3-2 in the region.

But guess what?

If that happened, and a 3-way tie occurred, Coffee County would be the #2 seed because of the overall record. If Franklin County loses to Cookeville they'll finish the season with an overall record of 5-5 while Cookeville would be 5-5 or 6-4 provided they beat Nashville-McGavock next week. Either way, if Coffee County wins their last two and Cookeville wins their last two and Franklin County loses their last one to Cookeville, then Coffee County would be the #2 seed in the region likely to host the loser of Friday's Lebanon/Smyrna matchup.

Now with Lincoln at #1 and Coffee County possibly at #2 with the FC loss to Cookeville, then the Cavaliers would be the #3 seed even if they finish 5-5 with Franklin County because the Cavs will have won the regular season head-to-head matchup, and then Franklin County would be the #4 seed.

So there's still alot that can happen in this region. Coffee County stands a very realistic shot of hosting a first round playoff bid if they can knock off Sweetwater and Warren County and if Franklin County finds a way to lose against Cookeville!

:o

Guest Oakland

oakland@lc(lincoln co)

coffee co@ smyrna(smyrna)

lebanon @ franklin co(franklin co)

cookeville@riverdale(riverdale)

region 4 is having a down year this year as oakland and blackman have clearly struggled with riverdale and lebanon clearly having a young teams this year as well, i expect region 4 to return to its usual self next year and be one of the best regions in tennessee

oakland@lc(lincoln co)

coffee co@ smyrna(smyrna)

lebanon @ franklin co(franklin co)

cookeville@riverdale(riverdale)

is the ( ) who you think is going to win oakland2001

how do you think the regions will come out I can tell both 1st and 4th place according to your matchups but who is 2nd and 3rd in the regions.

REGION 3-5A

LINCOLN COUNTY FALCONS. The win over Coffee County OFFICIALLY clinches the Region title.

REBELS, AND RAIDERS, AND CAVS OH MY!! So far Franklin County holds on to the #2 seed. I originally thought they had it sealed, but that's no longer true. If Cookeville manages to upset Franklin County that would give the Rebels two region losses. That coupled with a Coffee County victory over Warren County would create a 3-way tie between Cookeville, Coffee County, and Franklin County all with 3-2 region records. TSSAA regulations say in first determining the best in a 3-way tie, overall records are looked at next.

Who has the best overall record? Reaping the rewards of scheduling lightweights out of the region, it could pay dividends for Coffee County. Coffee County has a non-region record of 3-1 with Sweetwater left! It would be HUGE if Coffee beat Sweetwater and Franklin County lost to Cookeville. If that happened Coffee would certainly be the #2 seed with the best overall record because Franklin County has already finished their non-region schedule with a 2-3 record and Cookeville is currently only 2-2 with Nashville McGavock next.

So, let's say Coffee beats Sweetwater and Warren County--yes, a Warren County upset would negate this scenario! Cookeville finishes out the season winning their remaining two games. Well, FC doesn't have anyone left except Cookeville, then overall records would look like this:

#2. Coffee County (7-3, 3-2)

#3. Cookeville (6-4, 3-2)

#4. Franklin County (5-5, 3-2)

Coffee County would definitely beyond a shadow of doubt be the #2 seed in Region 3-5A with the best overall record amongst a 3-way tie for second. The Cavs would be third having won a head-to-head with FC.

WOW! Hold your breath Red Raider fans, there's still a shot you could host a 1st round playoff bid! I was stunned at how well Cookeville did against Cumberland County. I personally thought the Jets would whip the Cavs with a vicious running game, but the Cavs proved me wrong! And knowing that, I no longer believe that it is totally out of the question that Cookeville who stands a very real shot at beating Franklin County could actually finish 3rd in the region!

Warren County and Cumberland County have been eliminated from playoff contention.

REGION 4-5A

Can you believe it?! It was a great Friday night for fans of two Lebanon-based schools. Wilson Central stunned LaVergne and Oakland was shocked by Lebanon!

RIVERDALE WARRIORS. In control of their region, and would be stunned if they lost to Wilson Central and LaVergne in the remaining two weeks.

DEVILDOGS ON DECK--STANDBY!! Okay, it was a Marine Corps pun, but I was referring to the major key matchup coming Friday between the Lebanon Blue Devils and the Smyrna Bulldogs. Now that Oakland has lost another region contest, the final week between Smyrna and Oakland has somehow lost alot of it's luster in determining the Region's #2 seed. Now, the key matchup comes this next Friday when Lebanon travels to Smyrna. Both of those schools have a 4-1 region record! And how HUGE would it be if Smyrna beat Oakland in the final week! Okay, it lost some of it's luster, but not all of it. A team that had all the aspirations of at least finishing 2nd in the region (Oakland) could finish 4th if they lose Smyrna in week number FINAL.

But looking at this huge matchup in Smyrna next weekend, if Lebanon beats Smyrna, they will have only Siegel left. Lebanon would be the definitive #2 seed in Region 4-5A assuming they don't somehow fall to the Stars! Did you ever see that coming? WOW! The Blue Devils storm out of no where to make some noise in their region!

And then what if Smyrna does lose to Lebanon? Suddenly, the final weekend against Oakland determines #3 and #4.

Watch out Bulldogs, Lebanon stands a great shot of beating Smyrna and finishing with a 6-1 Region 4-5A record!

Oh yeah, I just thought I'd add this little tid-bit, just for kicks. Let's assume all heck breaks lose and Wilson Central beats Riverdale and Blackman and Oakland loses to Siegel and Smyrna in the final two weeks. Then, exit Oakland from the playoffs and enter Wilson Central! How unbelievable would that be?! Not likely, but still funny as heck!

Blackman, LaVergne, and Siegel have all been eliminated from playoff contention.

This is a good breakdown but i still go with my earlier post

:o