Lincoln County is getting better

FairInMyFavor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln County always has to worry about Riverdale!

The Warrior program is a great program!You can never overlook any opponent especially Riverdale!

As far as playing teams twice in a year LCHS has been doing it for years well since I was in high school anyway(the 80's)

LC has played Riverdale twice in a yr 4times and Oakland twice 5 times.

they have split every time with Riverdale, except in 1998 when Riverdale beat LC both meetings!

So LcHS hs never beaten Riverdale twice in the same yr!

But that was a different time a different team a different season and hopefully it will be different this time!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by stumpman13

The coaching staff at LC is extremely talented and smart. And there is no way that LC would ever take a team with the as rich of tradition as Riverdale for granted. Both of these teams battling each once or twice a year is what makes high school football so special. Towns and businesses will shut down for this rematch. Good luck Falcons.

Lincoln County always has to worry about Riverdale!

The Warrior program is a great program!You can never overlook any opponent especially Riverdale!

As far as playing teams twice in a year LCHS has been doing it for years well since I was in high school anyway(the 80's)

LC has played Riverdale twice in a yr 4times and Oakland twice 5 times.

they have split every time with Riverdale, except in 1998 when Riverdale beat LC both meetings!

So LcHS hs never beaten Riverdale twice in the same yr!

But that was a different time a different team a different season and hopefully it will be different this time!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!

If Lincoln Co is lucky maybe it'll be like 1998, both meetings, stuff happens.

That seems to be what he is saying.  Dang, all this improvement the Warriors have made since the first meeting, and for nothing.

IF we meet in the third round, hopefully we can keep it within 35 - 40 points.  LAst time Rebel said he would be impressed if we stayed within 21.  The spread was 5.  Guess he isn't impressed any more. :D

Hey riverdale fans the falcons are not thinking about you at this moment they have other games to play...I still say riverdale has not fallen down I think LC has too much talent for them..This is the way the falcons use to bring it to the table...get over it...

Edited by FALCON4

That seems to be what he is saying. Dang, all this improvement the Warriors have made since the first meeting, and for nothing.

IF we meet in the third round, hopefully we can keep it within 35 - 40 points. LAst time Rebel said he would be impressed if we stayed within 21. The spread was 5. Guess he isn't impressed any more. :D

If you remember the refs gave you a touchdown so the score was really not that close...I bet when the refs saw that play at the 2 yard line in the tennessean they were shocked that they made a call so bad because it was not close...

Falcon4 don't stir it up! Ref's make mistakes that is where your team has to be good enough to overcome the adversity so far LCHS has been able to do that!

Let's not try to make Riverdale mad at us ok we won! It was a meaningless non-conference game next time is when it counts! REMEMBER we will most likely seee the Warriors agian let's not give them any extra ammo to use!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this isn't the thread for this, but it looks like:

1) Lincoln County v. 4)Oakland

3) Coffee County @ 2) Smyrna

1) Riverdale v. 4) Cookeville

3) Lebanon @ 2) Franklin County

Looks like the Lebanon @ Franklin County is the key match-up

Man, if the Coffee County vs Smyrna comes to light, I would like to see this game. Sounds like a good matchup :angry:

In my opinion the Falcons don't have anything to worry about until they have to travel in the semis. Even then, I think (unless something unforseen happens) LC rolls on to the BCB rather easily. Just my two cents...

Did you say travel? If someone knows the playoff format, please enlighten us. I thought that the Falcons would stay home the entire time IF they win, before traveling to the finals.

Year to date I think LC has been the best in 5A, with DC a close second.

But I think they made a mistake by scheduling teams that they might face in the playoffs (i.e.-Riverdale/Oakland).

History shows that when teams face twice in a year that the outcome of the second game is usually much different than the first.

Examples-

LincolnC Co/Riverdale last year

Riverdale/Blackman last year and in 2001

Gallatin Mt Juliet a few years back

Portland/Trousdale in 2001

Now not all of those example were cases where the winner of the first game lost the second game, but some of them were blowouts the first time around, very close the second.

It is very hard to beat a good team twice, and if LC happens to face either Boro team I will have trouble picking them to win. It's just too hard to beat those guys.

As far as playing the same teams in the playoffs, this is just the hand that is dealt. In past years, Lincoln County would not play the region with Boro Teams until the state finals. We would usually travel or play teams out of the east first, and at times out of the west. The TSSAA set it up this way, and I hope that this format gets changed in the future. It is so messed up anyway when Cookeville and Cumberland County, both some 2 hrs. away are considered region opponents. We have no choice but play the Boro teams, who are the closest 5A teams to us during the regular season to fill out the schedule. It is a shame that Riverdale, Lincoln County, Franklin County, Oakland, ect, has to beat up on each other to advance in the playoffs. Now with that being said, I do realize in order to be the best, you have to beat the best, so you just have to strap it up, and play each night no matter who it is your playing.