Lebanon Theft Scandal

toejamwarrior

Shaggy if you think this is a prank you are very wrong!

The people at Blackman and Lavergne (I have spoke to both) are very serious about this and unless Lebanon takes the steps to pay for repair and replaces the items there will be criminal charges fro felony theft and vandalism.

Also region is on this board for the same I am he is passionate about high school football and this is the forum for that in this area. High school football needs as many passionate supporters as it can get and as few thieves as possible.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my son or daughter were involved in taking helmets or property from a school, the coach or the school system would not have to worry about the problem. I would make my child make reconciliations and suffer any consequences made by his actions. He would have to apologize in person to his school, teammates, and the other teams involved. I'm not aware of what disciplinary actions that have been taken by the players and or parents, but I hope some action steps are being taken. The lessons from this incident are very important in shaping these students future.

I'm being very humble before the SHS vs Oakland game but if we win---------------

stay off the boards because I am going to do a verbal cabbage patch on everyone :blink:

Besides I had rather have a slightly misinformed, biased Oakland homer on here posting than someone sitting home that doesn't even know when their high school team is playing.

Edited by 82cat

never said it was a prank. i think what they did was wrong and they should serve the 3 days out os school. the guys invovled sat not all for a whole game but they did sit and it's over as far as that goes. i wasn't at the game so i have no idea about how it effected the game but it sounded like lebanon got it handed to them pretty bad. either way they are going to the play offs with everyone on the roster.

I believe if lebanon had quality players that played behind the thieves in the depth chart, the people who were involved in the vandalism and stealing would be kicked off. But the coaches and administration at lebanon are acting cowardly by olnly benching those kids for a half and giving them a slap on the wrist. if they werent in the playoffs i would see these kids being suspended, but being key players and right before playoff time, you know that lebanon isnt going to do that. I just think lebanon is acting cowardly about this whole situation.

Guest region4fan

Hey Cat, thanks for backing me up. I have discussed this matter further and found that both school's locker rooms were not only vandalized, but damage was done all over them. I hold the coaches DIRECTLTY responsible. Even though the players should have known better , the coaches could have rectified the situation by simply walking back thru the locker room before leaving.If they had not seen items missing, they should have seen that damage was done to the walls, lockers, etc. Not only do I think they players need more appropriate punishment, but the coaches do too. CECE.................I do now know the facts and you sure were telling a SUGAR-COATED version. I would be enraged if I had a child in any school in Wilson County who was suspended for stealing or vandalizing

O r breaking ANY rule and these kids weren't . The superintendent and Principal could be setting themselves up for a major discrimination suit. Since when does a football coach have more authority than county policy??

Sugar coated? I don't think so!

Region4Fan - your bias is showing and there are details you don't know about but then I guess, it wouldn't really matter to you anyway - you have your little story about a team you love to hate and you will milk it for all it is worth to you and your little group.

One thing you don't know is the player - and I use that term very loosely as I don't think this boy ever really played - who did the damage in the locker room was a kid put in Lebanon by the courts; Coach Brown gave him a chance and so did the team - they accepted him and loved him and nurtured him.

This kid came from very bad circumstances - he saw violence you wouldn't want anyone to have to deal with - he has been bounced around from hither and yon his whole short life.

Did he do the right thing? No. Unfortunately, Coach Brown and Mr. Hassler were not the ones to deal with the consequences of what this kid did - the courts were.

Because one coach thinks every kid should have a chance, the Lebanon team will carry the burden. I, along with many of the other parents commend Coach Brown for this. He attempted to make a difference in a life and went above and beyond his job description to make it happen.

No parent or player or Booster Club member in their right mind would condone what a few - yes a very few - players did.

The whole team is paying for this - not just the few who thought themselves to be above reproach.

Despite what LHS9898 says - and I question many of his statements, they don't gel with the program - Coach Brown has meshed this small team together as a team.

The LHS football team is not made up of perfect people - the coaches are not perfect - the parents are not perfect and our school is not perfect.

Maybe your perfect school will see fit to share a little of their recipe for perfection with all the other not so perfect schools in Tennessee. If that happened, who would you use as your whipping boy?

And don't use your tired Coach Moose story - the principal at LHS who relieved Coach Moose of his duties at Lebanon was also terminated.

Guest region4fan

My dear CECE............once again you have thrown out a little bone but still evade the real question. How wonderful for a coach to take a troubled youth under his wing.BUT.... It has been done before.I am sorry for all the troubles that the kid has seen in his short life. It just doesn't seem fair for such a young kid to have to endure so much. But the question still remains....where were the coaches when all this occurred? All of this could have been avoided or stopped in one of them had simply been in the locker room. If this kid was so troubled and appointed to the head coach by the courts, wasn't he responsible for him?Why would he put this kid in a tempting situation? It seems like to me that this kid definitely should NOT have been left unattended? So why was he? He obviously had help, others helped to carry out the large quantity of things taken. I maybe could see one mistake......................but not two. It is called respecting other schools' property.It should just be common courtesy to check the facility when leaving to make sure that the toilets are flushed, paper towels picked up, also to check to see if any of your own equipment was left. I just want you to answer this one question and then i will drop it...................................where were the coaches when this went down..............both times???? And why hasn't restitution been made and all items accounted for? As of Sat, it wasn't.

Now I am not implying that all things are perfect at any school in Rutherford County. In fact, Coach U has been accused of being too strict a time or two down the road. YOU are the one that insists that everything is perfect your way and no kid DARES to question what a coach does. Sorry , there is no such thing as a program where every kid likes the coach or agrees with every word he says and never questions his calls, discipline.................no, not even in Russia. Maybe you should wake up...........now answer my question and I will lay off.

By the way, I do not personally know one single person on this thread that has backed me up. In fact, I have had myown issues with several of them. For them to unite with me just accentuates how wrong this whole situation actually is .

I am for truth, justice, and the American Way!!

Edited by region4fan

Mr. "He who thinks he knows it all but really doesn't," I suggest you ask your questions of one who might have the answers - a suggestion I made to you many days ago.

Maybe then you could also tell them you know how to improve the Lebanon program, that you are the possessor of all knowledge about what is wrong with the Lebanon program and that you alone have the guidelines the Lebanon coaches should follow to make sure their team reaches your idea of perfection.

You might also tell them that you alone have rules that the Lebanon announcer should follow during the games and I believe you also need to address the grounds and stadium problems.

Then again, why don't you just print out your many criticisms of the Lebanon Football program - and all the other sports, too, and mail it to Coach Brown and Mr. Hassler.

I would imagine the two of them are sitting on pins and needles waiting for someone to come forward to show them the error of their ways.

You, sir, just might be the savior of the Lebanon High School Sports programs!

Guest region4fan

Gosh CECE, I didn't know that you cared!! Thanks for giving me so much credit. I don't think I have all the answers to fixing things at your little school. Again, you refuse to answer my question. What is so hard about it?Maybe b/c I know the answer already, huh??I am not asking anyone the answer but YOU!! You keep on telling us that you know all the secret details but don't want to volunteer it. You try to direct the problems to me. I know I am not perfect, and never claimed to be. I just want to know where the coaches were and why they weren't with the players in the locker room. I am sure if you just answer this one question, the coach won't take it out on your kid. At the very most, he would just sit out half of a game.