Lebanon Theft Scandal

toejamwarrior

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is.... If you're not from Blackman or the other high school that was stolen from, WHY DO YOU CARE? Move on, the guys messed up, everybody messes up, and i'm sure being ridiculed on this thread by older men who have nothing else better to do is enough punishment for them. So stop trying to tell parents how to discipline their children and stop trying to tell the coaches and athletics director how to punish them and worry about your own children. If you think this is SOOOOO HORRIBLE then get off this thread and go make sure your child doesn't turn around and do the same thing... Thank You :blink:

Guest region4fan

Miss Cheerleader..........Last time I checked Coacht is all about expressing your opinion. That is what I am doing...........................saying what I think. As for raising children, I have one . A son. He is doing quite well in college , thank you. He calls home everyday to talk to his mother. He emails or IM's me daily as well. He is an honor student, and played football for years at Oakland. We were blessed with a child who never got into any major trouble. It wasn't b/c of anything that my wife or I did. It is b/c he has such strong faith in GOD. He was blessed to have a high school coach that encouraged his faith and that is something I will be forever thankful for.He played football for Oakland. Now before I am accused of bragging, living in the past, or thinking my son or myself are perfect................I will again ask CECE to give it up and tell me where the coaches were.

Cheerleader, I am a taxpayer in Rutherford County. My tax dollars built those locker rooms and it looks like my tax dollars will have to replace the items and repair the damage. So..............It is my business! I have friends who have children at both schools which is more than you can say. I think everyone is having a problem with them NOT being punished.

Salty, your posts are always right on the money. Maybe you could be Wilson County's Superintendent ??

I am for truth, justice, and the American Way!

Edited by region4fan

Region4Fan has repeatedly asked me why the coaches didn't police the locker room - a question I can't answer as I am not a coach, just a parent.

I have repeatedly answered that he needs to ask the question of someone who would know the answer.

Guest region4fan

CECE......As a parent of a child on the team, YOU are the one who should DEmand to know why these kids were left unattended! According to Blackman, they broke into and destroyed lockers with locks on them.They used something to basically render the lockers useless. They stole over $4,800.00 in ROTC equipment and uniforms. These have NOT been replaced as of today.Thsi does not include all the cleats, jerseys, helmets, and pants stolen from football.The freshmen football team couldn't even have practice the following Monday as they had no gear. How could no one have heard all the commotion??Why didn't some of the kids go and find the coaches when this chaos was going down? CECE, why don't you WANT answers for yourself?Your kid is being punished when he did the right thing. I would not be praising anyone, I would be mad as heckfire and wanting heads to roll!

And as far as knowing the answer, isn't your kid on the team. Why can't you ASK HIM if the coaches were in the locker room or not?

As a parent of a player on the LHS football team I will tell you that you are either a victim of extreme hype and misinformation or the prevaricator of such.

I will add "parenting expert" to the list of titles you've given yourself and then pass this along to all the poor, misguided parents at Lebanon.

For the last time I will tell you that if you have such a problem with this subject, go to someone - anyone - who is in a position to OFFICIALLY answer your questions or calm your nerves.

You've mentioned you don't want to waste a long distance call to Wilson County for information.

Since you say you live in Rutherford County and pay taxes there for the equipment in question, I suggest you phone your local sheriffs department, police department and school board.

Report the theft - report the destruction.

Since you have all the questions and all the answers, I feel certain that the officials at Lavergne and Blackman High School will be so glad you stepped in to help them out. After all, they probably didn't really have time to get around to do what you perceive to be the "right thing" in this instance.

And Mr. Region4Fan, you have no idea who you are dealing with here - intimidating words don't cause me to tremble and run. Calling my parenting into question is a VERY laughable matter. Saying I'm a spokesman for the Coach is ludicrous. And arguing with you is beneath me.

Stealing is stealing and vandalism is vandalism. My biggest problem is how the school is taking care of it. A 1 game suspension is nothing you can bet if one of lebanon's players stole something from their on locker room Coach brown would want something done about it. I think the way they handeld this is total BS.

I can't believe that people are still talking about this 2 weeks later. Region4 fan I don't know where you get your facts, but I think you have been lied to. I'm friends with one of the coaches and he told me that this incident didn't happen in weeks 3 and 4 like you stated. Lebanon played host to Cookevill and Riverdale in weeks 3 and 4. That's just one of the many lies told to you or facts you didn't have. Next, there is no way $4800 dollars of stuff was taken (KEEP DREAMING)! 3 helmets was the only thing taken from lavergne and some t-shirts and one pair of rotc shoes was taken from blackman. Now tell me how that cost $4800. All the items will be returned, and I do think that coach brown has talked to those coaches about the situation. Now for your question where was the coaches? The coaches were in the locker room as usual after a game. They talk to the team and pray after each game. When it's time for the kids to get dressed, some of the coaches have responsibilities to do besides watch a teenage boy get undressed. They have to get all the sideline equipment loaded back on the trailer. See Lebanon doesn't use teenage kids to work for them as managers like most of the other schools in the region does. They do the job themselves. You would think coaches could trust players, but you can't put anything past a kid. It was a stupid mistake and Lebanon has paid enough. Public humiliation, 2nd place in the district, player suspension and two players removed off the team. Did you know that region 4, that two of the players were kicked off for this incident. No you're to busy trying to bash them because they beat Oakland 4 years straight, Even when your precious little boy was there. Well get ready for another 4 years again!

Edited by robjim

Guest Oakland

moderators, i think this post has lost its value, rather than engaging in rational conversation everybody is pointing fingers and calling each other names, i request that one of the moderators please lock this thread before it gets completely out of hand