Smith Co @ Portland

QueenBee

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right about the Kittens watching the games right after us and we should be a little conservative but 48 runs to 8 passing is a little much i think. I wouldnt be so questionable about the play calling if we werent so affective. But Smith Co. has a very good QB and awesome receivers that really can rack up some yards and TD's

and the only way to get better is repetition."If it aint broke dont fix it", It will be broke if we dont keep using it. The QB and the receivers have to keep in sync with each other.Just my opinion

MF

We are 8-1....I see no reason to change anything. The only game we have lost we should have won. All we had to do was kick fieldgoals when we where in range...which was all night. Macon Co. is a good team...but we had 375 yards of offense....nuff said.

Fan(when you have a horse that has over 1200 yards rushing in 9 games Id ride him till the end)

That endzone looked so tempting!!

Till we meet again!!!

Fan

I really, really hope we do!!! The only thing better than beating the night chickens is beating them in the 3rd of the playoffs! Thats what my yeller tailed friends tell me! :rolleyes:

BIGB (Whoo loves beating the night chickens anytime)

Your right about the Kittens watching the games right after us and we should be a little conservative but 48 runs to 8 passing is a little much i think. I wouldnt be so questionable about the play calling if we werent so affective. But Smith Co. has a very good QB and awesome receivers that really can rack up some yards and TD's

and the only way to get better is repetition."If it aint broke dont fix it", It will be broke if we dont keep using it. The QB and the receivers have to keep in sync with each other.Just my opinion

MF

We are 8-1....I see no reason to change anything. The only game we have lost we should have won. All we had to do was kick fieldgoals when we where in range...which was all night. Macon Co. is a good team...but we had 375 yards of offense....nuff said.

Fan(when you have a horse that has over 1200 yards rushing in 9 games Id ride him till the end)

That endzone looked so tempting!!

Till we meet again!!!

Fan

I really, really hope we do!!! The only thing better than beating the night chickens is beating them in the 3rd of the playoffs! Thats what my yeller tailed friends tell me! :D

BIGB (Whoo loves beating the night chickens anytime)

No more than me my friend...revenge is sweet!! You got it coming...but you wont be there....Grundy Co. will beat you in week 2...bank on it.

Fan(who hopes Grundy lets Smith Co. do the honors)

PPRIDE

You go to work and get to play on coacht? Man, you got it made! You must be the boss!

PPRIDE

Peetown must contain the night chickens tailback! Pluck the tailback and your in the playoffs. The night chickens are going to line up and try to run it down your throat. They can pass, but their going to run right at you. The linebackers are pretty good, Hix and Dyer are a good one two punch.

TRICK OR TREAT!!!!

Your right the night chickens have a great passing team but we throw less and less every week. We started out throwing the ball 20-25 times a game and now we ran the ball 48 times and passed 8 in our last outing.Our Qb and recievers are getting rusty and we're gonna need them. Now we are a running team instead of a balanced attack and i cant figure out why we quit using our weapons.can anyone enlighten me on this matter.

GO BIG OWLS

MF

A running team controls the clock and the game. You wear down the other team with the constant pounding of a huge and talented offensive line which takes it toll on the players which go both ways on the other team.

I really don't think it should be an issue every week where the points come from or who gets the touches. If we were 1-8 how much concern would there be? Our QB has over 1000 yards passing which hasn't happened in a long time. Our backs last year combined for around 2400 yards or more. Seems we are passing more now than ever.

Have alittle faith in the staff which is under paid and over worked as it is. Listen to some of the abuse these men take during and after a game even when we win. Keep supporting your brother. He is a great kid and a big part of the TEAM.

Great post heydaddy. The strength of this team is on both sides of the line of scrimmage. They have played extremely well all year. They are the reason SC has >1000 yard rusher and passer this season. It has been a long time since we've had this balanced an attack. That along with one of the top two defenses and you see why we are 8-1 and playing at least for a co-championship. GO OWLS.

PPRIDE

You go to work and get to play on coacht? Man, you got it made! You must be the boss!

PPRIDE

Peetown must contain the night chickens tailback! Pluck the tailback and your in the playoffs. The night chickens are going to line up and try to run it down your throat. They can pass, but their going to run right at you. The linebackers are pretty good, Hix and Dyer are a good one two punch.

TRICK OR TREAT!!!!

Your right the night chickens have a great passing team but we throw less and less every week. We started out throwing the ball 20-25 times a game and now we ran the ball 48 times and passed 8 in our last outing.Our Qb and recievers are getting rusty and we're gonna need them. Now we are a running team instead of a balanced attack and i cant figure out why we quit using our weapons.can anyone enlighten me on this matter.

GO BIG OWLS

MF

A running team controls the clock and the game. You wear down the other team with the constant pounding of a huge and talented offensive line which takes it toll on the players which go both ways on the other team.

I really don't think it should be an issue every week where the points come from or who gets the touches. If we were 1-8 how much concern would there be? Our QB has over 1000 yards passing which hasn't happened in a long time. Our backs last year combined for around 2400 yards or more. Seems we are passing more now than ever.

Have alittle faith in the staff which is under paid and over worked as it is. Listen to some of the abuse these men take during and after a game even when we win. Keep supporting your brother. He is a great kid and a big part of the TEAM.

First of all i think we have a great staff and ballteam,and they are doing a great job. I dont know about underpaid but im sure about overworked.I just hate to see us not utilizing all of our weapons. If the other teams see what we can do week in and week out that could make them more intimidated by us and less confident,Which always plays a big part of the game. It just seems like a QB could be less confident and less accurate when not used as much,and you know we need to be able to throw the ball and Wilmore will get his yards you dont have to worry about that. One reason i dont like Wilmore touching the ball so much is that i dont want the other defenses keying on him and shuting him down which is what is going to happen if we portray thats all we can do, and you can not pass the ball if you dont have an affective running game to go with it. I agree with everyone that Wilmore is our workhorse and a great back but we seen what happened when we played a quality opponent like MC and we just tried to run the ball inside the 10 yard line, MC just knew who was getting the ball and where we were going.

I will

PPRIDE

PPRIDE

TRICK OR TREAT!!!!

GO BIG OWLS

MF

First of all i think we have a great staff and ballteam,and they are doing a great job. I dont know about underpaid but im sure about overworked.I just hate to see us not utilizing all of our weapons. If the other teams see what we can do week in and week out that could make them more intimidated by us and less confident,Which always plays a big part of the game. It just seems like a QB could be less confident and less accurate when not used as much,and you know we need to be able to throw the ball and Wilmore will get his yards you dont have to worry about that. One reason i dont like Wilmore touching the ball so much is that i dont want the other defenses keying on him and shuting him down which is what is going to happen if we portray thats all we can do, and you can not pass the ball if you dont have an affective running game to go with it. I agree with everyone that Wilmore is our workhorse and a great back but we seen what happened when we played a quality opponent like MC and we just tried to run the ball inside the 10 yard line, MC just knew who was getting the ball and where we were going.

I will ALWAYS support my brother #4 and the OWLS

and maybe even the coaches :unsure:

GOOD LUCK

MF

There's more to it than worrying about who gets touches and who doesn't. To be able to throw the ball, the first thing you have to be able to do is protect the QB. There's no need in him having to run for his life when we can run the ball. I still would've liked to have seen more passing myself Friday night but I have no problem with a 19-0 victory. Don't worry too much about getting rusty. The receivers are working harder in practice now than they have all year. We are an offense who likes to take what the D is giving us and our first option, of course, is to run the ball. We know we have good WR's who can make plays. They have to understand, though, that they have to be ready when their number is called and for the most part they have been. Hey, there's lots of talented WR's out there whos teams don't throw near as much as we do. Look for it to possibly open up a little more this Friday.