Smith Co @ Portland

QueenBee

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather is going to be perfect. 2 good teams are going to meet for what should be a great game...whats missing?? Why the Smith Co. High School band. They are coming till half time then leaving. Why you ask?? GOOD QUESTION!!! They took 1 game off already this year....the first time I have EVER seen that in my lifetime....now this. I say dont even come to the game at all. If you dont want to be there...then stay home!! The team needs support. It seems the band is there for themselves...not the team.

Fan ;););)

Edited by fanman

The band has been stiffed but this is not the time to walk out on your team and the reason you have a stage to perform on. Cmon if anyone sees Mr. and Mrs. Band Director ask them to stay till the end. I'll try to make it a point to see em'. Now back to the game..............SMITH CO - 21 Portland - 7. GO OWLS

Hey QBee,

Where have I been? Working mostly & sleeping. Thanks for the good wish

for "Troutdale". We can use some in the next few weeks!

This is a little bit late for this, but nonetheless, just want to say thanks for the

sportsmanship you guys demonstrated at our game. Also, the same for Macon

Co. Class acts.

Maybe I'll see you in the playoffs.

:D

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Most of these kids that represent us every week in 4-3A are slammed full of class. GO OWLS

Let me put it this way Oh Queen. There are some hard feelings and can sympathize but I won't get into that here. And I don't know that this is true. I hope it isn't and they are their long into the night.

Edited by imallin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.