I miss the Clinton tradition!

The Mav

The thread on the OR wide recievers has me lamenting the state of affairs at Clinton right now, but there have certainly been some great high school football players and teams there over the years.

I have watched them over the past 12 years and the likes of Jason Webber, Jermaine Shepperd, and crew have been fun to watch, but has there ever been a better HS talent in these parts than Scotty Witt?

I'm glad people from the community have opened their eyes to the state of clinton football, but every team will go through it at one time or another. This team and the teams before have been through heck and back, no question. From losing players to injuries to losing players because of death and there is no greater pain then lookin out on the field on not seeing that number anymore. All things can always be avoided but when given the chance to make something out of nothing a person can not help but want it. Such as when Catlett was chosen for head coaching position, it was his chance and like most of us it didn't work out to be the best, but we learn and move on. Its hard to find athletes in a class of students when there are not all that many. Also when they have someone that their parents are talkin about constantly that never sits well either.

There are amazing athletes that have came out of clinton in the last years. From the dynamic duo of Jermaine Shepard and Dedirck Dye, to the talented girls team with Joy Smith, Echelle Weaver, Tiffany Campbell, Shena Weaver, Jessica Griffin, and all the others under the coaching staff of Frank Fragomeni and Susan Zellner I mean how can you say there wasn't. To last couple of years football team and bball team of Jesse Rodd, Mykail Vibbert, Blake Sharp, Matt Lopez, Anthony Brown, I mean honestly you can't say they are all not amazing athletes. Maybe some of them were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Soon things have to change and their will be great rivalry games once again against AC and Oak Ridge, but you must give a program time to rebuild.

So good luck to the boys and girls at Clinton I know its tough to get the recognition that you truly deserve.....so keep up and don't give up on yourself, your team, or your program....