State Champion Picks!

HUCK

A - I saw Dresden this summer and they may have the talent to make a run at the State. With the core of talent back at Trention Peabody they will be tough to beat also. I see Peabody barely getting by Dresden and wining there second in a row.

AA - Could it finally be the year that Mcmillian gets a gold ball back in Martin. The state championship game will be a repeat of last years final but with a different result Martin Westview stoping the five peat of Jackson County.

AAA - Who else but the Little Man bringing home another Gold Ball. This could be the best Shelbyville team ever and could make a national title run also. Who they will play in the finals is a toss up but going let everyone in on a sleeper team for the 2003 - 2004 season, Knoxville Powell but if i was a betting man I would say Jill Prudden will guide her team to the finals for yet another Shelbyville and Oak Ridge classic.

D2 - Hugh Freeze will win another state title with Briarcrest. He has two of the top two young kids in the state in Alliesha Easley and Mellisa Leibswager.

Jill Pruden could possibly be the best Coach in the State.........in all sports. How do you bet against Shelbyville and "The Ridge" in the finals. Roll Wildcats Roll!!!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that a girl for "The Ridge" is pregnant. We'll see if they get past Bradley Central in December. Personally I think they lost two much and Burkey was a big part of the success of that team in the 90's. There are alot of tough teams up there in the Northeast and I really don't see Oak Ridge getting outta the sub-state, but if Brooke can be a leader and get some team chemistry under their belt, they could possibly make a run.

AAA Shelbyville National Champions as well

Fuller AAA Miss Basketball

AA Oliver Springs

Laura Hall AA Miss Basketball

Alright, I dont see the big deal with Oliver Springs. We played them in team camp and beat them. Yea, Laura Hall is good, but definatly not unstoppable. She doesnt have all that much to back her up and their bench definatley isnt very deep. Oh well they may suprise me. We'll see.