Antioch @ Hunters Lane

McNine4MVP

Region 5-5A just continues to be wilder and wilder. With Gallatin getting royally screwed by the TSSAA's archaic transfer eligibility rules. Antioch and Hunters Lane will play in an absolutely titanic tilt. Conventional wisdom would suggest that Hunters Lane playing at home, on Halloween, and coming off a huge win @ Gallatin would be the easy favorite to win this game. But nothing in this region race has gone according to form. Antioch has just been the model of consistency in this region from the jump and they have just as many weapons on offense as HL does. I see this one as a classic matchup of similar styles. This is the one good thing that came out of the public-private split. Seeing Metro-Nashville's 2nd and 3rd largest high schools play in a winner take all region game is something that hasn't happened much since the old NIL days. My take on the game is that this will become a defensive struggle with either Kennerly or Coker making a huge play to flip field position. Hunters Lane throws the rock better than Antioch, but I think Antioch may have a few tricks up their sleeve. I gonna pick Hunters Lane to win 14-13 in a barnburner, but I really want AHS to win and would not be at all surprised to see them do so. What are your takes on this game????

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one will draw a huge crowd, im sure. From both schools. I will agree with the above statement. This will be a high scoring game, very little defense. Both teams have good running backs, HL with Kennerely and Booker, and Antioch with Coker and Patton(i might be mistaken). High scoring game, with alot of long runs should be expected. HL does have the throwing advantage, with Waller leading the Warriors receivers. They like to go deep. Good luck to both teams in this great matchup. ;)

MOONWINK, glad to see you post. I told you HL and AHS would play for the region title. I hope it is a well played game and nobody is injured. The most speed in Nashville will be on the field , but I think special teams will decide the outcome. How is Jake, I bet he is even fired up for big game. Say hello to dinger, and white eagle for me.