Region 6-4A

trnbrant

40 Division I regions. Hundreds of playoff potentials. A LONG day by the TSSAA braintrust to decypher the web of records.

Is region 6- 4A such a mess that even the TSSAA can't figure it out???

Is it because of the "North" and "south" divisions... or is it because there's such parity that there are dozens or hundreds of possibilities that can't be figured out 'til the games are played Thursday/Friday?

I'm not criticizing the TSSAA at all... I'm just curious what kind of mess this is that's so bad they didn't post anything.

Just looking at the standings and who is playing who this week.... I feel sorry for 'em. I was talking to a buddy about this earlier, we decided it'd be best to just say "go out and play this week, we'll tell ya what happens then." Then of course we thought about the crazy chance that a team might need to lose to make the playoffs!

It would appear that eight teams are still mathematically alive for the playoffs...

Stratford 5-1 (no head-to-head with WH, wins with overall rec.)

White House 5-1

Northwest 4-2

Pearl-Cohn 4-2 (head-to-head over NW if tied)

Rossview 3-3

Northeast 3-3

Whites Creek 3-3

Mt. Juliet 3-3

Maplewood and Springfield are out.

White House and Stratford are competing for the title, that's IF ONE of them wins, then the title has to go to one of those two teams.

If they both lose, meaning Pearl-Cohn would win at WH, and assuming Northwest beats Springfield, then there would be four teams with two losses -- Stratford, White House, Pearl-Cohn and NW. A complicated region tiebreaker? Or would overall record decide the standings? Then Northwest would be second by virtue of head-to-head over White House, Stratford would be first and Pearl-Cohn fourth? Is that right? Who knows...

Then, if Northwest and Pearl-Cohn lose, and Mt. Juliet, Rossview, Northeast or Whites Creek win, you have at least six teams who possibly COULD end up with three losses. In that case, Stratford and White House would still be one and two, because they cannot under any circumstances have three region losses.

I would say this is one of the most complicated ones ever. No wonder they aren't done.

From what I have heard and read at various places, Whites Creek isn't out of it yet, either, are they? I would think with six teams possibly facing three losses, they might have a shot. I can't say that for sure...if it's too complicated for TSSAA to figure out, I'm not going to waste my time trying right now.... :D

Edited by letsgodevils

The TSSAA Apparently reconvened this morning and came up with the answer.

If Northwest wins and Pearl-Cohn wins, Stratford is first, Pearl-Cohn is second, Northwest is third, and White House is fourth.

If Northwest loses and Pearl Cohn wins, Stratford is first, Pearl-Cohn is second, White House is third, and Northwest is fourth.

If Northeast, White House, and Rossview win, White House is first, Stratford is second, Northwest is third, and Northeast is fourth.

If Stratford, White House, and Mt. Juliet win, and either Northwest or Whites Creek win, then Stratford is first, White House is second, Northwest is third, and Pearl-Cohn is fourth.

If Rossview, White House, and Mt. Juliet win, White House is first, Stratford is second, Northwest is third, and Rossview is fourth.

If Stratford, White House, Northeast, and Whites Creek win, Stratford id first, White House is second, Northwest is third, and Whites Creek is fourth.

If Stratford, White House, Northeast, and Maplewood win, Stratford is first, White House is second, Northwest is third, and Northeast is fourth.

If Stratford, White House, Mt. Juliet, Maplewood and Springfield win, Stratford is first, White House is second, Pearl-Cohn is third, and Northwest is fourth.

Difficult... but not impossible...

Nice job TSSAA. (am I allowed to say that on this board?)