District 12 A

runningrebel

Well, even though many people doubt wayne county, i think they will be the team on top. They have many good players with good talents Coming back this year you have Diana Davenport- the point guard who dominated in camp, Nicole Mc Nutt who is very stong and also showed alot of good things in camp, and Amy McDonald who has came a long way from last year and will be one of the better poast players out there. The lady cats have alot of heart and will suprise many people.I personally think that the district will be between Wayne County and Perry county. I think wayne county will come out on top. Collinwood will mabey get third

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea granted they lost a lot of talent. And for your information, appearntly you didn't see the camp games. Davenport has improved her game majorly. Of course she had her teammates right there with her. But Davenport has picked up her game a whole lot. She looks like a whole new player. And her team mate Nicole Mcnutt. must have worked alot over the summer too. Those 2 and Mcdonald are going to be very tough this year and also they have talent coming off the bench. they have a sophomore. That if giving a chance will be a contributer to the team as well. I guess we will just have to wait and see who is goin to win this district. My money is on the Wayne County Ladycats

Yea granted they lost a lot of talent. And for your information, appearntly you didn't see the camp games. Davenport has improved her game majorly. Of course she had her teammates right there with her. But Davenport has picked up her game a whole lot. She looks like a whole new player. And her team mate Nicole Mcnutt. must have worked alot over the summer too. Those 2 and Mcdonald are going to be very tough this year and also they have talent coming off the bench. they have a sophomore. That if giving a chance will be a contributer to the team as well. I guess we will just have to wait and see who is goin to win this district. My money is on the Wayne County Ladycats

Waynesboro lost ALL of their talent last year

We lost some talent, yes, usually every team does that has seniors playing. But you emphasized the word ALL. This is not true. We lost 3 key players from last year (Myers and Beavers x 2). we had three other key contributors in McNutt, Davenport, and McDonald, so to say the Ladycats lost all thier talent would be wrong. Two things will have to happen this year in order for WC to be successful. 1. McDonald and Hammack will have to step up their game at post.

2. McNutt and Davenport will have to be more aggressive offensively and attack the basket.

WC girls b-ball has lost big players before and someone has always stepped up in those roles. This year shouldn't be any different.

Edited by tfranks24

Perry Co. has a lot of talent, but I am always a little cautious of teams that lost a point guard. Especially one like Turnbo. We'll see if anyone can step and be the floor general that she was. Consequently, I try to base my picks on who has a strength at point guard and in the post. These are the consistencies that win basketball games along with defense. Thus, Summertown wouldn't be a bad pick for the District. They have a point guard back. They play tough defense. They have Corbin who should become a scorer in the post. I don't that much about all the other teams, but I am familiar with Perry Co., Wayne Co, and Summertown. Wayne Co. will surprise some people as they often do when everyone counts them out. By the end of the year, they could be really strong. I saw Collinwood play once last year. Maybe they had a bad game, but they couldn't find scoring from anywhere. I think they'll have to be drastically better to compete for the D-12 title. I'll give them fourth. Of course, it's still early to be talking basketball especially District Championships.

Any team will struggle when they lose their pt guard no matter how good the other players are. If she is putting players in their place and making every body else look good the team will struggle the next year until some one new fills her shoes. Take Perry Co and Wayne Co it will be tough on them until they get in the grove of having a new pt guard even if all of the girls got playing time last season it is totally different when the pressure is put on your shoulders at the pt guard posistion. Looks like to me the team that will finish first will be the team that can find their pt guard and their go to player first. I don't think that one team or player will just dominate the District this year. ;)

Perry County will miss Holly Turnbow but I think the P.C. lady Vikings can still take it all in the District. They have more than 1 person on the team that can play and they all work together really well. The sophomores still have the leadership of upperclass girls to give them the support and help they need. Perry COunty has more than sophomores. They will be good. GO VIKINGS

I have no idea why YOU people think that some teams are goin to struggle without a point guard. Especially Wayne County, that position looks like davenport will fill that position well. I don't know much about Perry County. I think Wayne County's point guard Davenport will be able to handle the pressure. Wayne County has become a great team. I saw them in camp playing, i don't know if they just had 10 good games or not. but they looked great. MC nutt will be very hard to handle and to contain, and Mcdonald will be suprising alot of people with alot of different moves,Davenport is their leader and a very good ball handeler . Im not sure who the other guard is, nor the poast.But I do know no one will beat them in this district unless those 3 are contained.

Wayne Co. will be good....... They always are. Collinwood is up and coming and that is a well-known fact. I just want to know about the other team in the county. What does everyone think about Frank Hughes? Someone told me that they are going to be good this year.... well, better than they were last year. Don't they have 2 or 3 good players?

WILDCATFAN505 I THINK THAT CLIFTON WILL BE BETTER THAN THEY HAVE IN THE PAST. IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME BETWEEN CLIFTON AND COLLINWOOD. AND AS FOR WAYNE COUNTY HAVING ONE OF THE WORST TEAM IN THE PAST 50 YEARS IS A BUNCH OF BULL, B/C THEY WILL BE THE DOMINATING TEAM. THE SEASON WILL PROVE THAT.