HUNTINGDON OR MCKENZIE WILL PLAY HARPETH

sportfan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok heres your proof: P.S. You still haven't answered the question about were ya'll a typical 4 seed last year.

Playoff History for Huntingdon

AA Bishop Byrne L 15-14 Quarterfinal

AA Milan L 20-0 Early Round

AA Milan L 28-0 Early Round

AA Briarcrest L 13-7 Early Round

AA Oakhaven W 31-13 Early Round

AA David Lipscomb L 7-0 Early Round

AA ECS W 19-13 Early Round

AA Lewis County L 17-0 Early Round

AA Treadwell W 32-0 Early Round

AA David Lipscomb W 21-7 Early Round

AA Loretto W 47-19 Quarterfinal

AA Goodpasture L 14-6 Semifinal

AA Loretto W 47-13 Early Round

AA Harpeth W 45-14 Early Round

AA Martin Westview W 18-15 Quarterfinal

AA Union City L 21-15 Semifinal

AA Loretto W 44-6 Early Round

AA Martin Westview W 21-0 Early Round

AA Milan L 17-13 Quarterfinal

AA Loretto W 49-20 Early Round

AA Lewis County W 47-20 Early Round

AA Harpeth W 45-14 Quarterfinal

AA Union City W 17-10 Semifinal

AA Goodpasture L 31-6 Finals

AA Houston County W 33-8 Early Round

AA Lewis County W 17-3 Early Round

AA McKenzie W 43-6 Quarterfinal

AA Union City L 34-0 Semifinal

AA Harpeth L 10-7 Early Round

AA Fairview L 16-15 Early Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playoff Years: 1975,1983,1986,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002

Years in Playoffs: 13

Total Games: 30 Record: 17-13

Biggest Loss vs. Union City - 34 Points

Biggest Win vs. Loretto - 38 Points

Huntingdon has played 16 different teams in the playoffs

Team Num Times

BISHOP BYRNE 1

BRIARCREST 1

DAVID LIPSCOMB 2

ECS 1

FAIRVIEW 1

GOODPASTURE 2

HARPETH 3

HOUSTON COUNTY 1

LEWIS COUNTY 3

LORETTO 4

MARTIN WESTVIEW 2

MCKENZIE 1

MILAN 3

OAKHAVEN 1

TREADWELL 1

UNION CITY 3

hey jacket here's my prediction. Mckenzie will not go farther than Huntingdon in the playoffs this year. If they get lucky enough to get past thier first two opponents they will meet the stangs in the third round and we know how that will come out. Another word on the tradition of Mustang football, they reached the semi's in 95, 97, 98 and 2000 with a state championship appearence in 98. And if you want to go back farther, they finished 10-0 in 75 and ranked no. 1 , they finished no. 3 behind MBA and BGA IN 66 with UT alum Tim Priest the highest ranked public school in the state, must I go on

now when u match stats likes those of huntingdons with ones of fairview OR harpeth tell us but either way it doesnt matter about the past what matters is the score on the scoreboard friday night around 9:30 at paul ward stadium...and u say u run shotgun and that u will burn us we will let u believe that untill u c how good our defense really is...and good stats cnlreporter and mood1801.

Mood, thanks for all those stats, just helped to show still no state championship for the Mustangs. Looks like you guys are the Atlanta Braves of High school Football, do good doing the regualr season, decent in the playoffs, and you can't win the big one. Huntingdon has a pretty good history there, but I would to if I was in the region's they were in. Still haven't proved I am an idiot, just help reiterate my point of no gold ball, just like the rest of us. When you win one, I will retire from CoachT. Last Year, were we a typical 4 seed, probably not. Heck we should of been the number one seed if we played up to our potiental all year. But poor Huntingdon last year, they didnt get to play a real 4th seed. Well before the game you guys must of thought of us a typical four seed, well they learned otherwise. I could argue all night with Huntingdon fans because here is my record against Huntingdon.

Fairview-16

Huntingdon 15

Jacketpride- 1

Huntingdon 0

I hate to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man, but JacketPride is getting a little ridiculous. That upset win over Huntingdon last year DOUBLED the number of playoff wins in Fairview's history. That's right, now you have 2 wins to go with your 9 losses. Huntingdon is 17-13 overall. SO don't even begin to challenge our historical record and compare it to yours. Because there is no comparison. We haven't won the "gold ball" but we have played for it. We were in the semis 4 out of 5 years up till 2 years ago and have a legitimate shot at it again. You haven't been there, won't get there this year and for all practical purposes probably never will. Heck, before this season you were 25-78 in the last 10 years!!!! How's that for a dynasty??

I do kinda hope you manage to pull off an upset and beat Chester CO. and meet us in Round 2. But you won't. The Eagles will end your season early as usual. Then you can come watch the Mustangs and see if they are for real or not. Lewis Co. is the ONLY team in your region capable of playing with any of the top 3 in 6 2A. Oh, yeah, over the last 10 years, Huntingdon is 9-3 vs. Region 5 2A. What part of that can't you get through your thick skull?? We are recognzized state wide as a 2A powerhouse. You think anybody knows anything about Fairview outside your region? No cause you've never beaten anyone outside your region. Do that consistently and then brag.

Yeah they are in the region that puts region 5 out every year, so that story won't wash either. Nobodies whinning about playing ya'll last year, just making the point that you come on here spouting about us getting beat(when Fairview is the only 4 that has EVER beat us) by all these 4 seeds, AND want to talk about how great Fairview was last year. So which was it??? Were we beat by a 4 seed or were we beat by a great team? You can't argue both sides.

Ok I will end this discussion now, let's talk after the playoffs are over. Huntingdon will probably make it to the 3rd round, write this down. I am saying Huntingdon will beat my Jackets, but they will lose to either McKenzie or Lewis Co. Like sportsfan said sounds like you region 6 guys have already decided the outcome of the playoffs, but I guess that is why you play them. ONCE AGAIN, YOU BRING UP FAIRVIEW, I NEVER CALLED US A POWERHOUSE IN FOOTBALL, I KNOW WE WILL NEVER BE A POWERHOUSE IN FOOTBALL. I DONT SEE HOW YOU GET THE CRAZY IDEA HOW I SAID THEY WERE. The playoff record of the Mustangs is ten times better than Fairview. Huntingdon a powerhouse, that's a new concept because I thought to be a powerhous you had to win a championship. Maryville, Riverdale, and Lipscomb are powerhouses. I know Huntingdon can match the history of those programs.

Jacketpride, i dont know if u have seen film on chester county yet or not but it wont be a cake walk for yall this friday. you ran your mouth all last year during baseball and jackson south side shut you up. the word over here in the west, is that yall arent a typical 6-4 team much less a playoff team.

Edited by ac08

Mood, thanks for all those stats, just helped to show still no state championship for the Mustangs. Looks like you guys are the Atlanta Braves of High school Football, do good doing the regualr season, decent in the playoffs, and you can't win the big one. Huntingdon has a pretty good history there, but I would to if I was in the region's they were in. Still haven't proved I am an idiot, just help reiterate my point of no gold ball, just like the rest of us. When you win one, I will retire from CoachT. Last Year, were we a typical 4 seed, probably not. Heck we should of been the number one seed if we played up to our potiental all year. But poor Huntingdon last year, they didnt get to play a real 4th seed. Well before the game you guys must of thought of us a typical four seed, well they learned otherwise. I could argue all night with Huntingdon fans because here is my record against Huntingdon.

Fairview-16

Huntingdon 15

Jacketpride- 1

Huntingdon 0

HAHAHAHAHAHA...this is priceless.

Ok geniuses, how am I an idiot? Prove it and I will shut up.

You can't hold a mature, reasonable discussion without running your mouth.

Word out west is they arent your typical 6-4 team , muchless a playoff team. Funny thing is I am in college in Jackson, and know about 5 refs that have seen Chester Co. play and they have all told me that their record is inflated and they arent that good. So I dont know where you are getting your information, I know the papers havent said anything. What baseball team did u play for? Yeah Southside beat us last year, it was a great game and they were a class act. Why are u bringing up baseball in a football forum? We lost to the team that finished 2nd in the state. If you were at that game you know both of us were evenly matched, except that we didnt hit with runners in scoring position. Now back to football. So everyting is ok now since I predicted Huntingdon to win, so I see how it works.