Volunteer Falcons

CHHS72

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stokomo, don't forget that the JV Girls also play at 3:30. I mention that to keep us out of hot water.

jcjc, I had pretty much figured out who the guy with the name too long to repeat is. That explains why he does not fully appreciate our little trash talking deal with Kingsport. He is from Surgoinsville. We love you Al, but you need to chill a little. Now go fuss at the people at Holston Electric. Just don't fuss at Shane's mom. She just started working for them.

Now, go kick Cherokee's butt tonight.

Edited by CHHS72

ok now, i have a question. chhs or someone who knows the rules check this one out for me. on that last out of bounds play with 4 seconds to play. since they inbounded the ball and the clock never did stop, isnt Volunteer supposed to retain the ball and everything that happened since the inbound is void? because earlier in the game when that happened to Cherokee they got the ball back with no time off the clock.

The answer to the question about the clock not starting the last 4.5 seconds of the game. The reason there was nothing done in the first half with 18.3 in the first quarter to be exact there was no situation or play that made an affect in the ballgame at that time when noticed to take the ball out at the side, it was just blown to let the scorestable know the clock was not running. Since there was no more than 3 dribbles up the floor with no shots being taken, you just take the ball out and decide on the clock if any time should be taken off. Compared to the end of the game when you know two shots have been taken and the outcome of the game is at stake and the Cherokee team came down with the rebound and you know before the throw in there was just 4.5 seconds on the clock the referees have to make a decision if there is any time left on the clock or how much time should still be on the clock. So, the answer best described would be that the whistle in the first half was just to notify the clock operater to start the clock and get it going before a shot is taken and a decision needs to be made. No points were scored on either possesion with the clock at question...