Cloudland girls

flossie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey helmetheadcase...

Now was that very nice dissin ole Flossie like that. His girlfriend plays on that team so therefore her brother plays on the boys team. I do have to agree with all the other post that Unaka will beat Cloudland, but by how much is yet to be known. You guys need to come to Johnson County Friday if you want to see a real team play. :lol::)

hey flossie, is it true that you won the bevis look-a-like contest? i heard they sent you out to get some basketballs and you did not come back so they went out looking for you and found you in a pumpkin patch. by the way i have seen marbles bigger than you muscles. wear long sleaves

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahheheheheheheheheohohohohohohohhehehehehehahahahahahhahahahaheheheheahah o ooooooooo oehheheheheheeh ohehahahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaha oaoaoeh;eoeoee hahahahahahahahehehahahahaahhahahehehehehehehehehe come on curly your killing me ;):o:o

Wow, i really hate to get into this big Cloudland mess, but you know me. Anyway, Matt himself can not take a team to the Boro'. A little is coaching alittle is the players ability. From the recent years i have seen that he plays the wrong players at times. The most recent of this being the year that he would leave Johnson in no matter what. As if she was paying him or something. LOL Well we all know there was no money involved but he did seem to leave her in to much. When players would get in and get hot, he would sub them out. With out a chance to show what they had if they got the shot to warm up and actually get in the flow of the game.

As for Hanson, Webb, and Johnson teaching themselevs. Well we all know thats a joke! I mean nothing against any of them but Hanson walked everytime she took off, and Webb just couldnt seem to avoid turnovers and missed layups! So of course there has to be a coach there to correct you when your wrong. The won games because night in and night all ALL the girls came out to play. I know a few of the girls that didnt get the playing time they thought they earned but when it came to the game they put it all behind them and gave it a 110%. SO BASICALLY THEY MADE THE MOST OF WHAT PLAYING TIME THEY DID GET. Maybe a few girls on the landers team need to take note of that. And yeah theres always going to be a duo such as Hanson and Johnson that thinks that one of them are the only ones on the team that should get to shoot the ball, and will only pass to one another. Thats what can sometimes really destroy a team if it is takin to far. Thats why EVERYONE on the team should acknowledge the fact that its going on and make it a point to correct it before the real season gets underway.

As for everyones comments about starters, dont count Williams and Arnold out. Yeah it really hurt April when she got injuryed, from the looks of it she has lost some speed and moves. But she has the experience and the drive to win games. Thats what keeps her on the floor. As for Arnold, yeah she might turn the ball over at times, but that can get better. Along with playing time and experience will also come court smarts and awareness. She hasnt really got the chance to playing being behind hanson, johnson, blair, webb, and lunsford. But i have all the faith that she can get in there and make things happen. Now for lunsford, yeah she is a young talent. But a leader and a starter of a well respected and feared lander team? I think her year is still to come. And yes her dad being MR. Mike Lunsford might have something to do with her playing time! It shouldnt but i bet it does. Unless the Davis girl spent all SUMMER in the gym and got a lot better i really cant picture her being a 6th or 7th person off the bench, let alone being a starter. Were do you people get this stuff?

The last thing i will say about all this is that in no way that Anderson should ever be back at CHS coaching. Nothing against him, but from what i saw with his coaching days at Cloudland and his coaching at HV i just dont really think he cuts it as a LANDER COACH! The landers have been winning games and i look for them to have another victory filled season. Prediction 23-11. Few more losses then usually but i mean the team just isnt in no way as strong as it has been.

No hard feelings against anyone, i just hope the lady landers can get it all behind them and be able to continue with their winning ways.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!!!

notjustafan, what kind of insight do you have on the lady highlander basketball team. You seem to know them very well. You say Davis can't play yet meow (a former player) says she is going to be very good. Do you have a better connection than her? About last year's team, they did make some mistakes but really just played harder than everyone. Johnson was a big factor of holding the team together I thought. She seemed to be the most consistant. Of course I didn't see them play a lot. If Hanson, Webb and others continued to make mistakes like you said then why didn't the coach teach them? Just a thought. Can't remember the Arnold girl but I do like the way the Williams girl played. I hope she can get better from her injuries. I do wish the Landers well, that is except when they play the "valley". As for Anderson, I did some checking, all time winnest coach in Cloudland basketball history (boys & girls), 2 district tournament championships, 1 conference championship, 1 regional championship in the two years he's been coaching at HV. Guess that wouldn't cut it as a "Lander Coach".

Edited by hvwarrior

I am just a highlander fan just like everyone else in roan mtn. When you live here theres not much else besides sports. As for the whole Davis thing, i mean i cant talk from experience of being on the team as MEOW seems to be able to do but i can honestly say that all of last season i only missed one Highlander game. So i feel like i have a good understand of all the coachs and players. From what i saw last year Davis was not yet at the level as a starter. And unless she worked her butt off as i stated before, i just dont see her having the experience and skills to start for a always strong team such as the lady landers.

And just to clear up what i said before, no the landers didnt just win because they played harder then other teams. They had the talent and the drive to win and thats what made them so successful.

I really dont know why the coach never fixed the players down falls. Maybe he tried? I really cant talk about what goes on in the gym. All that was important was winning, and from last year, we never really had a problem with that until the boro'.

One last thing, yeah Anderson might be the coach with the most wins now but how long did he coach. On the pace that Birchfield is on, he should be able to place his self alone on the top of most wins. But yeah now that you brought up Andersons stats for HV i guess Cloudland could consider him for the 7th or 8th grade job! Maybe?

By the way, i posted that about the Cloudland vs. HV boys scrimmage for you.

davis has the drive and the will to be a starter.....yea....she has gotten better....i do believe that lunsford gets a chance b/c her dad is the football coach....if only all of us had that type of luck....what i liked about anderson was that he gave everyone a chance...if he saw a mistake...he corrected it.....he has played a major factor in lady highlander basketball over the past 3 years....even though he left in my freshman year.....the classes of '01, '02, '03 were coached under anderson and learned most of the fundementals under him....the class of '04 learned some under anderson...but mostly under birchfield....this year will be the true test for birchfield....this will show what kind of coach he truly is.....as for the class of '03....from the beginning of their basketball career...they were the "dream team"....birchfield knew this....there was no way that he was going to break up that team....that is why the majority of us hardly ever played.....this is true for the class of '06....he sees davis, lunsford, banner, ledford, and miller as being the next webb, hanson, johnson, blair, and storie....i believe that he needs to take off his blinders and look at the other talents that are on the team....mcguire and blevins would be great assets to the team if he would give them the chance....i will now get off my soap box.... :ph34r:

Edited by meow

Hey Meow, how about this, you tell me when the next girls game is and i will make it a point to get out and go watch it. That way i can give you an up to date on how each player looks this year. Last year from what i heard from most of the girls, they gave credit more to Lunsford then to Anderson. So i dont really know how your getting your info. It would be nice if we could get a ex player to get on here and really clear it up for us. Wouldnt it? In my opinion i dont really see there being a better team then the hanson, webb, johnson, blair, storie team. They just had it all: scorers, defense, post play, speed, and experience. Its hard to top all that!

Let me know when the next game is though, and i will try my best to make it!

notjustafan I also would like to see the highlanders play and see what they will do. Are they playing in the tip off tournament at HV? If so what time and when? Do you think they can match up with the Rangers? Unaka is supposed to have a pretty good team this year. Who are some of the supporting cast that will contribute this year? Didn't Lunsford just coach them for one year? Seems like Birchfield should have more of an impact on last's years team than Lunsford or Anderson. But enough about them silly ole coaches let's talk about the players. Anyway that's what makes up the real team.

Edited by hvwarrior

hvwarrior, how are the lady warriors looking this year? I've been to some of Cloudland's practices and they really need to pick it up if they are gonna win this year. From what i'v seen the jr. varsity is not a big dropoff from the varsity. Looking forward to the tournaments at Happy Valley.