REGION 6 VS REGION 5 A

orange

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen any Region 6 teams play this year, so as always it is a bit of a shot in the dark. We have playoffs for a reason and surprises do happen, but based upon my assesment of what I think might happen, here goes

DCA vs Moore County

DCA have a great defense and have a big line. In addition Chris Wooden is always a threat as a running back, however he is also a threat as a receiver. The QB (Fenwick) is incredibly quick to get passes off and is also great at running it himself. In addtion Hall is a great WR. I don't think Moore County will be able to stay with DCA especailly at DCA

Ezell vs Mt Pleasant

Ezell is still a very dangerous offense, especially if teams are not used to covering a no huddle offense and quick passes. Randy Schlappi is a good QB and Jeremy Gettis is a great WR. Ezell are also a little more balanced with the run this year with Kyle Todd. I have to go with Ezell on this one, you would have to do hours of video and study to come up with a way to stop them from scoring.

CPA vs Collinwood

At the beginning of the season, CPA did not have Luke Landers or Will Hooper healthy and had trouble scoring. They are on a roll and get better and better each game. With Travis Sikes as WR, Pollock as QB and Luke Landers as Tailback. they have many different ways to burn you bad. They were up 55-0 at the half the other day against FRA. The defense is also extremely fast and solid. It's always a good game when we go down the trace, but I think CPA will win this one.

Wayne County vs Davidson Academy

Davidson Academy have a really good running back but that is about the only major threat. Defense is not the greatest and I have no idea how they lost to Jo Byrns the other night. Wayne County will be too much for them.

I believe that top to bottom these are by far and away the toughest regions in the state. Region 5 probabaly has three teams that have a shot at the crown. Nobody in Region 6 has a shot at the crown, but they have 7 or 8 quality teams that beat the snot out of each other every week. I really believe that you could take the teams that finished 5th, 6th and 7th from these two regions and they could easily finish 2nd or 3rd in any other region in the state.

Here's my view as a Region 6 fan:

DCA - Lynchburg

Moore Couny is a well coached, technically sound football team. However, they don't have the talent they had in the 90's and probably not enough to compete with DCA. DCA by 4 TDs

Ezell - Mt. Pleasant

Could be interesting as Mt Pleasant has more pure athletes than anybody in region 6. But Ezell and the region 5 teams have just as much. Ezell appears to be ready for a run after playing Lipscomb well Friday. Ezell by a ton.

Collinwood - CPA

Collinwood is still pretty good, but not near as good as the last 2 years. The Lions are rolling right now. CPA by a ton.

Waynesboro - Davidson Academy

I would have thought this would be really close. However, just based on DA losing to Jo Burns Friday night I think Wayne County wins by a couple of TDs.

Good luck to all the teams and I hope I'm wrong and a region 6 team pulls off a shocker!

I really wish Region 6 wasn't so large, I think the way it works out, you basically only have one out of region game each year so there are no real yardsticks to see how you compare. Region 5, is not much better, but with Lighthouse from Antioch dropping out last year, it does give opportunity to have three out of region games.

I would be interested to hear from Region 6 fans on how they think this teams squads stack up against their squads from previous years. My assesment from the teams I am aware of are as follows but you may disagree.

Wayne County - Improved over last year

Collinwood - Probably not quite as strong as last year.

Moore County - ?

Mount Pleasant - ?

From Region 5

CPA - Same or Better than last year

DCA - Better than last year

Ezell - Down a little from last year but still good.

Davidson - I don't think they were as good as last year.

online,

Both Moore County and Mt Pleasant are worlds better than they were last year. I think Moore Co was 3-7 and Mt Pleasant was 0-10. Mt Pleasant has always had the talent to win, but a new coaching staff was able to get them out of the halls and onto the field. IMO Moore County is way down in talent compared to their teams of the 90's but the current bunch are overachievers and will play as hard as anybody.

Coaches in Region 6 have told me that Mt. Pleasant has really gotten better. Last year, they were a walk in the park. This year it's a different story. Collinwood is definitely not as good as they were last year. They do have a very talented runningback, but from what I hear sometimes he doesn't get many carries. Moore Co. has improved, but not by a great deal. Wayne Co. is significantly better in most people's eyes. They do have weaknesses with turnovers being a big problem for them. Apparently, their quarterback is pretty tough to stop.

Based on the info. from Region 6 and Region 5, I'm making these predictions:

DCA over Moore Co. (big something like 42-7)

Ezell over Mt. Pleasant (closer than some might think 35-28)

CPA over Collinwood (not even close 49-14)

Wayne Co. over DA (guess? 32-21)

collinwood is better than last year but not as good as the 2001 team with blake luker and nick retherford. Risner is an unbelievable, unstoppable back but statom loves to throw that rock??????????? Anyhow look for cpa and collinwood to be a good game regardless of final score......how big is cpa......collinwood matches up well with any team that dosent have big physical linemen.

If Collinwood keeps the ball on the ground and tries to grind it out they can keep it close. They will need to take care of the ball and keep CPA's offense off the field. If they try to air it out like last year against CPA's secondary, then it could get ugly. Collinwood does not have the athletes of the past few years, but they make up for that with heart. Risner and Dixon are the smallest QB/RB tandem anyone will ever see! However, they are fearless on the field! Good Luck Trojans, wish I could be there.

Waynesboro should win, it will be closer than you think.

Moore Co. will come up short, but again I think it will be closer than you think.

I'm not sure about the Mt. Pleasant/Ezell game. This could be the one big upset if Mt. Pleasant takes care of the ball. This is in fact if Ezell is down this year like peoople have said.

Good luck region 6.

wayne co is the only region 6 team that most think can win this week but if mount pleasant can jump out early, they can beat ezell. i'm still gonna say ezell wins though.

cpa will be just too much for cwood i think. should be close since it is at cwood but cwood doesn't have the athletes from the last few years to really compete with cpa. it's too bad cpa had to forfeit and finished 3rd cause cwood could beat ezell but i doubt they can beat the lions.

moore county is really talented but they don't use it to it's full potential. they just can't score with that boring wing t offense. dca wins big cause mc can't score. if mc comes out and opens up the playbook and gets #88 and #1 the ball in some open space, it could be a different story but since they wont dca wins by at least 3 td's.

so here are my predictions:

dca: 35 moore county: 7 (mc can't score)

ezell harding: 28 mount pleasant: 14 (could be vise versa if mp jumps out early)

cpa: 42 collinwood: 28 (should be close for a while but cpa will pull away in second half)

wayne county: 38 davidson academy: 26 (ruddle will finally run the veer again for the first time in 3 weeks and wc will throw up some big numbers running the ball. da will only score that much if #8 plays)

wayne co is the only region 6 team that most think can win this week but if mount pleasant can jump out early, they can beat ezell. i'm still gonna say ezell wins though.

cpa will be just too much for cwood i think. should be close since it is at cwood but cwood doesn't have the athletes from the last few years to really compete with cpa. it's too bad cpa had to forfeit and finished 3rd cause cwood could beat ezell but i doubt they can beat the lions.

moore county is really talented but they don't use it to it's full potential. they just can't score with that boring wing t offense. dca wins big cause mc can't score. if mc comes out and opens up the playbook and gets #88 and #1 the ball in some open space, it could be a different story but since they wont dca wins by at least 3 td's.

so here are my predictions:

dca: 35 moore county: 7 (mc can't score)

ezell harding: 28 mount pleasant: 14 (could be vise versa if mp jumps out early)

cpa: 42 collinwood: 28 (should be close for a while but cpa will pull away in second half)

wayne county: 38 davidson academy: 26 (ruddle will finally run the veer again for the first time in 3 weeks and wc will throw up some big numbers running the ball. da will only score that much if #8 plays)

;) you know i think it was you during the cats ,trojans disscussing that said to quit compareing this years team and last years team. well we will see friday how good the trojans are. i really don' t know they may get beat, but all i am saying is that we will find out by seeing if the trojans can beat cpa