Who will win District 10-AA this year?

CCubs

Well I'd have to give the nod in the preseason to Waverly. They have a good player that plays in a great system. They have some young talent and the PG is very athletic and experience. From there its a toss up...here are my thoughts

1.WAVERLY-Nichols is the MVP in the district as waverly wraps up the reg. season and tournament title.

2.SYCAMORE-The big question is can Logan Pierce step up after losing "do everything forward" Brian Vann? They have solid guards and good coaching.

3.CHEATHAM COUNTY-The biggest difference in this team is they lost a good scorer and player in Peyton Gibbs but they got a key transfer Alex Bowers. This team is very dangerous and could end up winning the tournament because of thier execution. Blake Lovell and Noel Smith will lead this team.

4.HARPTH-Shane Dansby(Murray St) will have SR help but it may not be enough in this league.

5.MONT.CENTRAL-Brandon Burney(Austin Peay) is probably the districts overall best player but doesnt play in a system like Bubba Nichols. Burney wont have enough help from the young guys.

6.CREEKWOOD-They are gonna be very improved and could end up in the top 3 if SR Kyle Schriber and some other guys step their games up.

7.STEWART COUNTY-Led by SR Aaron Brigham, this team will struggle from the start but they have good coaching and very discipline.

MVP-Bubba Nichols

Coach of the Year-Charles Taylor(Creekwood)

I think that Sycamore is going to be the team to beat this year. Last year they had a balanced team with good depth, having sophmores and juniors stepping up. Three of the four last year were juniors, with another sophmore and junior fighting for starting positions... LAST YEAR. Yes, Brain Vann is going to be a huge loss, but I do believe that Logan Pierce prove himself this year. There is going to be alot of experience starting this year, with a good bench ready to come out shooting. You can bet that Sycamore is NOT going to go down with out a hard fight.

Edited by wurd up

$ycamore is getting better. They played a very good Lipscomb yesterday and beat them by 9. Logan Pierce did step up with 30-35 points. Looks like he will fill in nicely for Vann. The team is getting more and more fired up for the season. Looks like $ycamore might be better than most people thought. The War Eagles will open thier season at Whites Creek this coming Tuesday. They scrim'd them early in the pre-season, and only beat them by 2. This should be a pretty good game, even for a vastly improved $ycamore. Good Luck. B)

I think this district will be tuff this year. About every team has one stand out player that can lead their team to a victory. The key this year is how the role players play. Will someone step up night after night and help his team win. I think you have to give the nod to Waverly and Sycamore to being one and two. The rest will battle it out. The key is to win the games you are expected to and then win a few your not. I think the teams nobody wants to play is Cheatham and Creekwood. Cheatam again will be better then their record. The open with Cascade,Northwest,Rossveiw,and Kenwood. That is tuff way to start off the year. It should be an exciting year and anything can happen.