Morristown East vs Tenn High

The Tollah

I hate to see the decision was taken away from the coaches. I believe if you are trying to build a program, you must first start with discpline. So rules are there to be enforced not overlooked, by higher powers. Is the bottom line just to win, what are we teaching the kids. As long as you win it is ok. How does it look on the coaches when their decisions are overturned. That is just one person's opinion.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened and what decision was taken from coaches?

Evidently some David Crockett jerseys were allegedly taken by three players, and then passed on to several other players. Initially the players that supposedly lifted the jerseys were dismissed from the team by the coaches, but when it was found that many other players also had jerseys I think higher powers re-instated the players and will deal with punishment on a non-football basis. That is at least the story I was told, but it was second hand info and could be wrong. At any rate, the confiscated apparel along with apologies from the offending players either have already been, or will be returned to Crockett.

As a former coach it is hard to be with your players at all times and you hope that this type of thing would not happen but it did. Kids sometimes do things without thinking of the consequences, and that is probably the case here. You would hope that your Senior leaders on the team that rode that bus home or had knowledge of the jerseys would come forward, and that may be the case, as the coaches had to find out somehow.

Hopefully those involved will have punishment severe enough that it will teach them a lesson on how to behave, and they will learn from their mistakes, and not repeat them in the future.