Divison II AA

CoachtFAN

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you guys are really missing a key item to the Briarcrest team. They have 4 players that are now available to play. All four were staters at Houston last year. Could make a big difference! I see Brarcrest holdiong their own against Catholic. With the line avg. 250 and "Big Mike 6'6 345 could make a big difference. I see the game close ( 24-21 BCS ) But remember BCS is 8-0 in Knoxville. :huh:

Catholic really hasn't played the type of schedule BCS has played. I see BGA beating ECS ( a close one) and playing BCS in Nashville. It appears all of the teams with the exception of ECS, are young. I think big game experience and a little luck will press BCS over Catholic. It should be a great game though. :D

I think that Knoxville Catholic is going to be surprised, BCS has lost five games this season but has anyone looked at who they lost to? Melrose, Memphis East, CBHS..etc… Has Knoxville played any competitive 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A or DII-AAA teams this season? Other than BGA have they faced a team the caliber of a Brentwood or any other strong teams in the state? Knoxville may be favored to win but this is going to be interesting....I don't think they have faced a defense like BCS's this year.

I agree Spree. The schedules are noticeably different. Not to take anything away from Catholic, anyone going undefeated against anyone, has to be well-coached and be a good team. It takes a lot to focus through a whole season. This should be a good game. The new players for Briarcrest will contribute and the key is will Briarcrests' offense be on or off? When on, they are very good. The O-line is huge and again, when they are on, they are good! Their defense has held everyone close all year. The weather may or may not play into this. I just know that Briarcrest loves to come to Knoxville. Undefeated in 12 years playing on the hill!!!