Warren County Job opening!

theraiderman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is really surprising. It seems that even though Warren County has gone through everything they have over the years they have the opportunity to make a terrific hire. There is some speculation that we may lose one of our assistants (Riverdale) to the position or they possibly have a shot at Smith (Ezell). Either way it seems that Warren is in a pretty nice position regardless. First of all you have two assistants that are familiar with the problems as well as the tradition. Then you throw in to the mix a very proven head coach that knows the game well enough to write a book about it and win a state championship. It seems that they can do no wrong with their choice. The real question will be will the community support their new chosen leader. Give them the time it takes to win. My question would be to those in the mix of those in the crowd at the Warren Co games. Whom would you give more time? A guy with hometown connections or an outsider that has proven his worth. It seems that that may be what might frighten away the idea of hiring Smith. That those in the stands might spend everynight wishing they had hired a hometown guy. Talking to some guys I know from Warren Co they said that the principal was on the staff with Coach Rankin when he was there. How can you say that he is part of the problem as he was also part of the tradition that is so embedded in everyones minds?

Here's to hoping that Snow and Britton stay put.

Good Luck Warriors on the long road trip this weekend

What is this the Scott Smith fan club? Are you the club president Shotgun? Sure seems to me that you have ticked alot of people off. I can't for the life of me understand why all these people are lining up against you. Shotgun...If you are not Smith then you are in serious need of a life. Smith isn't even the best coach in his district.

Yet another good post briantodd, it amazes me how much criticism Smith takes when if you look at his post he never downs people, just tells the truth, what is your beef with Smith, did you play on one of those teams that only has one pass play and only throws on third down....just what is wrong with a coach wanting to go up several levels of competition and see if his system will work...don't be a hater briantodd, its thanksgiving and we should all have hope......I have hope for you and also have hope that whoever gets the Warren County job should be proud to be a Pioneer! Tell me though, what if Smith went to a public school and won...could he be blamed for recruiting, giving scholarships...maybe for being the anti-christ himself...tell you what though, someday, somewhere someone is going to be desperate enough to give him a public school job...he will find a way to win...remember this post little one, have your excuses and reasons ready for how he is doing it....don't be a hater my little ignorant friend...embrace the way of the spread offense...throw off the shackles of the wing t!

It seems that I have struck a nerve Shotgun. I never said anything about recruiting. I am pretty sure that most of those guys were already there when Smith took over for Bristo. And they have won alot more games. I just get tired of the guy whining about how he can't get a fair shake. Maybe if he would keep his mouth shut and wouldn't kick onsides when they are up by 40 points he would find a warmer enviornment. His own AD wouldn't even go to Loretto the next year. But since you know so much Obi Won, don't you think if Spurrier Jr. had put Antwan in the I formation and given him the ball 30 times a game CPA wouldn't have ruined the repeat campaign. No, we had to show how many pass formations we could come up with for out next book. I hope that wasn't to ignorant to warrant a reply from the #1 fan.

Wow, someone has a personal problem with Coach Smith..to answer your question about the I offense against CPA,DCA or FRA would not have worked, in fact if you look at the few times they lined up in the I their offense actually lost yardage....Ezell has always been about hiding personel shortcoming...CPA's defense would have killed them....what's that old saying....you don't pull on superman's cape....and you certainly don't ###### into the wind....also I checked with Smith and their AD was at the Loretto game......sorry....now, while we're at it why don't we deal with the next round of rumors and hate mail....by the way you really got coach smith with the formation trick...by the way old wing t guy what is the difference between a TRey and a trips formation......oh, I'm sorry, that's probably one two many formations for you