Franklin Co. vs Lebanon

FC Rebelman 62

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

sorry about the thread getting locked region, i requested it to be locked cuz i could see that it was about to make a HUGE turn for the worse, but believe i was tempted to turn ya loose but decided against my better judegement not to

Guest region4fan

I will forgive you, oakland. I think you are right that that creep was way off of topic.

I heard the Lebanon coaches myself all the way across the stadium when we played them. They were screaming and cussing like crazy. One of the parenst said the one really loud guy was yanking the players by their facemasks. Maybe he was one of the ones that got caught fighting the pit bulls in that ring that got busted in Lebanon?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you were not calling me the "creep" but will only say this once, NO ONE on this board from Lebanon has continuously bad mouth and denigrated Oakland - or any other school - as you have done with Lebanon.

If it makes you feel better to run a program into the ground, more power to you. To the educated world, it shows your character.

Alright, I have a lot to say. Forgive me if I ramble.

My thoughts after this game:

-I am very, very proud of the Devils for making a game of it. Left for dead with five and change left, you guys almost pulled it out. I am so proud of you. Congrats on a successful season. I'll be in college next year, but I'll come out as much as I can.

-I am severely disappointed in the antics of Franklin County's fans. On my way back to the LHS side from the bathroom (a portable one), I was met with a shower of boos and insults (expected), and items like popcorn thrown at me (unexpected). A lot of class there, Reb fans.

-The announcer was very, very annoying. He referred to us as the "Blue Raiders" several times, and frequesntly gave the Rebs 2-3 yards on down and distance, regardless of what the scoreboard said.

-This last topic is a tough one for me to broach. I hope anyone who has read my posts knows that I strive for objectivity. There is nothing that grates on me more than irate fans who hop on CoachT after the game to denounce the officiating, claiming they were swindled. However, in all honesty, I felt that the referees did one of the worst jobs I have ever witnessed. I understand that there was no home cooking because the officials are not Franklin County's, but poor calls could have very well cost the Blue Devils this game.

It is true that LHS had great difficulty moving the ball on offense in the first half. I credit the Rebel defense for being tough. But... it seemed that almost every time we tried to run outside it was called back because of a hold. A couple of big gains were completely nullified.

An illegal formation was called against the Devils as well. The formation in question is one we have run all year. Neither I nor anyone else on the sideline or the stands found anything wrong with it.

Now, on to more glaring errors. As the school newspaper photographer, I was able to finagle a press pass, so I was perched on the sideline for almost the entire game. I happened to be right in front of two ridiculous noncalls. One occurred when Darren Shockley (7) had his forward progress completely stopped, as two Rebel defenders lifted him off of his feet. The whistle blew, but the two guys continued to lift Darren, hold him up, and then flip him over their backs. I challenge anyone to question these facts... I was RIGHT THERE. What should have been an easy unnecessary roughness went on by without a flag. Later on, A.J. Stewart (4) was brought down by the defense. A Rebel defender lfited A.J.'s leg, seemingly trying to flip him over. The referee's explanation? He was trying to help him up. Give me a break.

Here is the most absurd of all: Correct me if I am wrong, but if a team calls a timeout, the clock does not restart until the ball is snapped. Late in the game, the Blue Devil defense was met with a critical 3rd down play. The team called a timeout. As the teams were breaking the huddle, the clock began running. Everyone in the Blue Devil stands was screaming about the clock. Sadly, the defense reacted, and paid attention to the clock, allowing the Rebs to score the TD that sealed the game. True enough, the D should not have been distracted. But what a crucial mistake by the timekeeper!

I hope no one takes offense at my comments, and everyone realizes I am not trying to rationalize the outcome of the game. I simply wanted to share objective observations from the sideline.

Don't worry, Devils, the truth is you outplayed the Rebs. Keep your heads up; everyone in L-Town is proud of you. There's always next year. To the seniors, you guys are the best. Congratulations on a great 4 years.

By the way, if I hear Dixie one more time I will shoot myself ;) Go get 'em for region 4, Warriors!

All of you that want to get on here and talk about bad sportsmanship, well then lets discuss what happened before the game ever began. The Lebannon players and coaches came to the center of the field during warmups and proceeded to yell and sream that we (Franklin County) needed to go in a change uniforms because they owned our field. The fact of the matter is that Franklin County outplayed the blue devils. There were just as many penalties called against the rebels as there were against the Lebannon. Franklin county won and Lebannon lost, now deal with it.

I am not from Lebanon or FC---But I went to this game because I love to watch High school football. I thought this would be the best game in the area. This was the third FC game that I have been to this year and from what I have witnessed, there seems to be truth to the post of FC lack of sportsmanship. That goes on almost everywhere I go. Most of the time it is the fans. I was on the Lebanon side because of convienience of entering the stadium. There was undesirable actions there also.

But you cannot judge a school, county or team for the actions of a few.

This years FC team members have not had success on the high school level until this year so I would say they just don't know how to act or handle a little success.

The officiating did have a lot to be desired and it did look like Lebanon got the bad end of it. But the crew was not from this region so their frequent flags was nothing more than undeciplined playing or bad officiating.

As for the announcer, anyone could accidently say Blue Raiders instead of Blue Devils once or twice, but to continue time and again was not respectful to Lebanon.

But that goes along with the rest of the job he did. Maybe when they go to their new stadium next year, they will find a new announcer.

To the FC parants of players that I know and to the good supporters of their program, good luck at Riverdale----you will need it.

I will be in Lincoln Co.

Go Rebels.