Gallatin vs TSSAA

GWAVE1

Fact: Gallatin will not be in the playoffs

Fact: The lawsuits continue to be filed

The Sumner County Board of Education now jumps in the mix. With a unanimous vote this morning, the Board is filing a lawsuit due to the Federal Judges findings of Shipley not being given "due process".

The attorneys have met today for other pending action.

Also on the radio, it is now being reported that the information that the TSSAA based their decision on was possibly obtained by illegal means.

We might not be in the playoffs but the TSSAA has stepped into a hornets nest.

ELA, I now seriously question the integrity of our great TSSAA leader. And others are too.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gwave1:

1) Can you tell us if the mother was the legal guardian?

2) Does she have a legal residence in Gallatin?

3) Where does the mother receive her mail?

In my uneducated opinion, if the answer to questions #1 & #2 is "yes," and Gallatin is the answer to question #3, then you have a valid case against the TSSAA.

gwave1:

1) Can you tell us if the mother was the legal guardian?

2) Does she have a legal residence in Gallatin?

3) Where does the mother receive her mail?

In my uneducated opinion, if the answer to questions #1 & #2 is "yes," and Gallatin is the answer to question #3, then you have a valid case against the TSSAA.

Stan, #1 and #2 are a yes.

#3. I do not know. But since she lives with her mother, I would assume yes. However she may not even recieve mail. And I do not live there.

As for a valid case, I would say that it has not gotten this far if not. There are way to many lawyers involved for it not to be worthy.

I do not have all the answers but anybody can draw reasonable conclusions. Just connect the dots.

Things we know: 2 forms of eligibility with the TSSAA stamp of approval

Only after the 7th game of the season(McGavock) do we get turned in. By none other than McGavock.

Shipley went to McGavock

McGavock is in Hermitage...so is the TSSAA

McGavock's principal is on the board of control, the same one that upheld the reversal

legal guardian the mother, he lives with his mother

mother lives in Gallatin but owns a home in Hermitage

Half-brother still lives with his father in Hermitage

Federal Judge says there was no "due process"

Gallatin not allowed to rebuke McGavock testimony at appeal

now..the info that the TSSAA used to get their ruling is under scrutinity because of fradulent means to obtain it

Executive Director(according to by-laws) must do everything to get the player eligible. Only after appeal does hardship rule possibly apply to case. If we had filed out the hardship forms...there is no question. But the 2 forms of approval was justification for not having to fill them out

Gallatin continues to state that the forms were correct

WE will continue to fight for justice.

A couple of questions:

Had the mother been to court and been declared THE legal guardian?

The house in Hermitage- the entire family had lived there last year, while he was at McGavock, and the mom and son moved out and left the rest of the family still living there?

I was told that she had her new baby in Sumner Regional hospital but that might be just one of the many rumors. According to one of the lawyers that I talked to about this case, having the mail delivered to the house was not that big of a deal. Well actually we talked about having the address changed for mail(same thing). He said that you would not believe the people that do not do it. I just recently moved and I had a hard time remembering all of the bills, magazines, and other things that I had to change.

Stan, with all honestly I can not answer your question.

A couple of questions:

Had the mother been to court and been declared THE legal guardian?

The house in Hermitage- the entire family had lived there last year, while he was at McGavock, and the mom and son moved out and left the rest of the family still living there?

Coacht, yes the mother was the legal guardian. The step father had not obtained any custody. No adoption or anything.

As for the family, I believe for monetary reasons the rest of the family does still live at the other address. It was explained to me that she would have lost money if the house was sold and the step father had agreed to pay the house payments in order to live there. The house is aparently still in her name.

Granted this is all hearsay. But lawyers have told me this info. Info has been confirmed by others in the community.